Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Help (Video Included)

.Ryan

Well last night I was driving to see my family for Christmas when all of a sudden an awful loud wirring noise comes from the engine followed by lots of white smoke/steam from under the engine, so over to the hard shoulder I go.

I left the hazards on and did the usual of getting over the barrier away from the car pending the arrival of AA recovery who brought me and my car home.

I've done a short video of the start-up and engine bay of my car, to which I've also noticed some fluid around the leads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh1gR_K98o0&list=UUHELeES3P_9WVm4-0dpsyZA

I appologise in advance for my lack of mechanical experience, I just hope someone can help.

Merry Christmas all x

It's coming up video is private

Sorry about that, it should work now fingers crossed.

Been out for another look. None of the blue fluid around the actual spark plugs, just on the top near the leads and only a small amount HOWEVER I have no oil :/ I only changed the oil a month ago.

Sounds the same as my car did when one of the spark plugs cracked & eventually blew out leaving the threaded part inside the cyclinder head

It certainly doesn't sound healthy :(

The blue fluid is likely to be screenwash maybe having dripped down from the washer jets - can see the coolant in the tank is orange so it's not that.

If you've got no oil and you've not noticed a leak then either the car has dumped it all on the road or you've had perhaps a head gasket fail and let oil into the combustion chamber - would expect lots of white smoke if that had happened. Likewise if you have had a major leak then you'd still see oil residue on the lower parts of the engine or dripping on the floor.

If you know anyone who's clued up enough to take your spark plugs out that'd be my next suggestion, to see what clues they give.

• Like 1

I can take the plugs out myself, just need to fill her up with oil as a start to see if that changes anything.

Have a close look round the engine before you bother wasting your time and money filling it with oil. If the signs of a major problem are there then the car will need recovered anyway so no point in filling it up.

• Like 1

I had a good look around for anything apparent, and apart from the lack of oil I could find nothing.

So I fill the car up with oil and now the car will not start, just makes a very fast clicking noise. I feel the worst news is here :(

So I got a jump start, to which the car started but sounds like a tracktor. It also nearly cuts out when I hit the accelerator.

Think I need to get it recovered to a garage :(

Thanks for your comments so far folks.

Going to a garage tomorrow, watch this space folks.

It's a conrod that has smashed open the rear of the engine block. Rest in piece engine :(

• Like 1

It's a conrod that has smashed open the rear of the engine block. Rest in piece engine :(

That's about the worst news it could have been :(

That'll be that then!

Time to find a second hand engine

• Like 1

Prob water pump ?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Prob water pump ?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The OP's diagnosed it now as an air-cooled conrod :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club