Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buy Or Not Buy? Looks Dodgy?

KA08

Hi everyone,

Was looking to buy this KA but the front suspension height looks suspicious.

It seems that the front looks excessively high as compared to the rear.

The front right looks also higher than the front left.

What do you think guys?

Thanks

post-61169-0-46696400-1419686174_thumb.j

post-61169-0-36034000-1419686177_thumb.j

post-61169-0-83438300-1419686178_thumb.j

post-61169-0-82846100-1419686181_thumb.j

post-61169-0-01841900-1419686184_thumb.j

Could have had a spring or shock replaced, should replace both not one. What's it like under the bonnet?

If its got 12 months MOT and HPI clear buy it.

• Like 1

I have no pics of the engine unfortunately. Yes it is HPI clear and 3 months warranty

best to take a mechanic with you or pay for the AA to have a look at as

DIESEL PIG said it should have a pair of shocks replaced but for £1900

i would look for a better spec model. if any bells ring in your head then leave well alone

as i think you already know the answer to your question is to leave well alone as i would not get a ka

as they do tend to rust quite a lot

• Like 1

The price is a bit high...That's true. But maybe the seller will accept my offer.

Do you think that the height will adjust itself with time? Or is this car really to avoid?

Thanks

Price is average for a dealer, don't know what the mileage is.

Take it for a test drive and offer him £1500

If the spring has just been replaced it may sit slightly higher than normal but it will soon settle.

Without looking at the car it's hard to say why there may be a difference but the only part they really alters how high the car sits is the spring so if you can have a look and see if they look shiny or old and miserable. Perhaps it's got a broken spring

• Like 1

before you make an offer take someone with you with some knowledge of mechanics and take it for a proper test drive over speed bumps . dual carrage way etc. it does sound like you intend on buying it so get it checked over properly.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Finally did not buy the red Ford KA. The dealer did not accept my offer of £1500.

Today, I had a look in gumtree and found a nice example at a good price! I need to collect tomorrow.

So basically, it is a silver ford KA (2004) luxury with 20,000 miles, 2 owners, service history, Hpi clear for £1000!

The bodywork and engine are spotless! Only area to consider is the underneath which has some surface rust!

Do you think guys it is worth undersealing/ rustproofing the car?

Cheers :)

well done m8 the red ka was most prob a overpriced duffer. glad you got a better example and yes in the summer give it a real good going over with rust proofer especially around filler cap & seals and the bottom of the doors go aswell. put up some pics when you get it m8 .....happy motoring

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Managed to buy another car for the Mrs with only 10,000 miles on the clock.

What do you think about the overall condition of the engine?

The power steering reservoir looks a bit dodgy. There is big black mark on it. No idea what it is.

And the tube that connects to the power steering reservoir looks melted down??

Any opinion will be much appreciated. CHeers ;)

post-61169-0-17386900-1420324934_thumb.j

post-61169-0-09474300-1420324949_thumb.j

Looks like oil spray?

Why would they spray oil on the power steering tank? That's weird lol

Actually, I've had a thought...

The pipe, and certainly the pipe clip look quite new. I reckon the original failed, spraying power steering fluid out which has gotten dirty. Looks as though somebody didn't bother cleaning it up.

I'm only guessing and could be completely wrong!!

Actually, I've had a thought...

The pipe, and certainly the pipe clip look quite new. I reckon the original failed, spraying power steering fluid out which has gotten dirty. Looks as though somebody didn't bother cleaning it up.

I'm only guessing and could be completely wrong!!

I guess that you are right. Looks like the pipe that connects with the tank is cracked.... Dodgy........ lol

the black on the side of the tank is paint spray. get a cloth and some de greaser & give the engine a good clean and have a close look at the pipes around the power steering tank. they look ok to me from the picks just dirty.. give them a clean a

then give the car a run then check for leaks

Had the engine cleaned.. Checked for leaks but fine none, which is a good sign :D

From what I can see, the power steering tank may have failed once.

Do you think that the leaking power steering fluid has damaged any other parts in the engine bay?

CHeers :)

i doubt it has damaged anything. time you got in the car and enjoyed it. as said in previous post all looks good in the engine bay

Thanks a lot for helping everyone.

I'll post pictures of the car very soon.... :)

Update: I brought the car for a full service. I had the chance to have a look underneath the car.... I am aware that Ford KA rust pretty badly underneath. But I was surprised that mine looks pretty "ok"

The part which rust really badly is the spare wheel. It seems that the previous owner used the spare wheel since the tread look used.

Just noticed something a bit weird about the spare wheel. There is an uneven line of rust on the back of the wheel as you can see in the picture. Is the wheel cracked or something like that? :blink:

DSC05368_1.jpg

thats normal for the spare to go like that

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club