Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry - Won't Start And Doesn't Even Turn Over

mrbelly

Hello,

I just got into my car and it won't start or even try to start. It has the keyless entry thing but just keeps telling me to press the clutch and start the engine. Nothing happens though. Also, if I put the actual key in the igntition to start it i can turn the key but nothing else happens. When I turn on the stereo it says 'one hour' on the display as well. Any ideas?

Cheers

I've just checked the immobiliser code and it comes back as 15 ('Key not programmed into immobiliser control module'). Is there any way round it that doesn't require a dealer or mechanic?

Did you already change the battery of the remote control? On keyless entry/start cars the PATS immobilizer signal is transmitted by the remote control. The remote control uses the battery to transmit the signal.

In case of emergency there is also a conventional PATS chip inside the remote control. To use this you have to remove the cover at the ignition switch location and place the remote control into the opening. This way the PATS chip should be recognised and the engine can be started using the start button.

i've got two remotes and they both open the doors so the batteries are probably fine. this one has a key hole you can put one of the keys in when things go wrong but when I put the key in it will release the steering lock but the engine won't turn over.

• 4 years later...

hi all,

has anyone actually got to the bottom of this fault?

thanks, Adam

• 6 months later...
On 12/29/2014 at 9:54 AM, mrbelly said:

I have the same problem 

Did you sorting out?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club