Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are The Oem Tyres On A Mk2.5 Focus?

vibeone

Pretty much as topic title... What do Ford fit to focus's from the factory?

Specifically it's a late 2009 tdci 2.0, but I suspect it's the same for all?

• Like 1

It'll be more than 1 brand in most cases. Depends on costs, commercial agreements and so forth.

The ST's were supplied with both Goodyear Excellence and Conti Sport Contacts side by side, so would expect those 2 manufacturers to be fitted to other models too.

• Like 1

It'll be more than 1 brand in most cases. Depends on costs, commercial agreements and so forth.

The ST's were supplied with both Goodyear Excellence and Conti Sport Contacts side by side, so would expect those 2 manufacturers to be fitted to other models too.

Sounds good. Was gonna go Goodyear.

Thanks for the tyre advice! I'll probably get Goodyear efficient grip performance unless anyone has any comments on that!

• Like 1

Mine came with Michelin Primacey Tyres 205/55/R16

I later upgraded to facelift ST rims fitted Avon ZV5 225/35/V18

I've got the dreaded R17's on mine - basically pay a shed load of money whatever you buy. I fancy the primacy's.

Out of interest what's your view on the ZV5s? I have ZV5s and on the 205/50/r17's they seem terrible pulling away, and very poor in the wet. It's kinda thrown me a bit that you have them because I know you know your stuff!

• Like 1

Verdestian sport contact way better than above way cheaper too they beat everything listed above in tests £54 per tyre

• Like 1

I've got the dreaded R17's on mine - basically pay a shed load of money whatever you buy. I fancy the primacy's.

Out of interest what's your view on the ZV5s? I have ZV5s and on the 205/50/r17's they seem terrible pulling away, and very poor in the wet. It's kinda thrown me a bit that you have them because I know you know your stuff!

Thanks very much mate,

I love the ZV5's baring in mind there 8" wide on mine there very good grip,

There also A rated for wet conditions,

Road noise is lower compared to the older ZZ3 aswell

Verdestian sport contact way better than above way cheaper too they beat everything listed above in tests £54 per tyre

I can't find these anywhere? Are they really called that because that's a conti brand...?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Cheers - found them but unfortunately they don't do them in the XL speed W.

Also they're £105 a pop. Are they really a premium brand?

I admit the reviews are excellent btw!

• Like 1

Im not sure about the goodyears, put them on my front two a few months ago (205/50/17 93W XL) and they dont feel any grippier than my part worn Avon ZV5's i had before. didnt notice any difference in noise either.

• Like 1

Im not sure about the goodyears, put them on my front two a few months ago (205/50/17 93W XL) and they dont feel any grippier than my part worn Avon ZV5's i had before. didnt notice any difference in noise either.

Oh dear.

Same size as I'm after then - what did you go with in the end.

I might try the vredsteins next time I get 4, but I've just had 2 ZV5s put on (nail in one tyre!) so was just trying to spread the cost before the tears needed doing but I've had enough hah!

Btw, out of interest on the heavy fronted/ light rear 2.0 diesel, shall I put the better tyres on the rear or front?

There's nothing in these tyres but interested for future reference!

Oh dear.

Same size as I'm after then - what did you go with in the end.

I might try the vredsteins next time I get 4, but I've just had 2 ZV5s put on (nail in one tyre!) so was just trying to spread the cost before the tears needed doing but I've had enough hah!

Still have them on, but will probably go back to avon next time, only put them on because i had a bulge and needed it replaced the same day, and they only had the goodyears in stock that day. Theyre not bad in any way, just not as different to the Avons from my experience

That makes me feel better!

Basically all I can get today are goodyears so I just ordered them when I got the email notification about your reply - was waiting for you to slate them!

• Like 1