Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spotify, Ipad Air And Ford Audio (Without Sync)

JackAndrew1995

Hello!

New owner of a 64 plate Ford Fiesta Studio here, although I love my car dearly I'm getting slightly annoyed with the stereo...

Upon plugging in my iPad in to the USB port in my Fiesta it will show that there's no media on the device and will refuse to play Spotify via USB, I'd ideally like to use the controls on my steering wheel to control my music.

Can this be done? I wouldn't have thought this was an issue as it wasn't an issue in a Nissan Qashqai?

Any advice is always good advice!

Thank you

Jack :)

(P.S, having a brand new car as my first car is fantastic! Couldn't resist the cheap finance offer that Evans Halshaw had on and I needed a car ;) )

if you plug in any mobile device such as (Ipad, ipod, galaxy, tablets.. etc) via usb it will not play music. The usb drive will only charge them and it really isn't powerful enough to do that. USB with thumb drive with music only. You can use the bluetooth feature if you have it to play any app. I use my Samsung galaxy s4 via bluetooth and stream radio (xiialive) or my music player. Depends on the day of what i want to listen too. (You can still use the steering controls for the music. The only last resort is to plug your ipad/ipod in via aux cable. You cannot use steering wheel controls or any controls on the stereo to change songs though.

This is the thing, it will play if there is media actually on the device as I've tried an iPod with media stored within the "Music" app as it looks like it scans the media library on the device then gives you the list to scroll through.

But spotify doesn't run through the music app so it can't cache the list and says no media... any ideas? My journey to work in the morning will have to be a Capital FM one! :(

• Like 1

Just looked this up on another forum and people are using spotify but their cars have sync so maybe that's why you can't.

I think apps like Spotify need to be played via bluetooth. Physical tracks on the device can be played via USB as Mark said

I have seen a couple of people say that spotify on android does work on sync, yes.

Damn, looks like next year i'll be getting a Zetec when my finance is up!

Thank you all though :)