Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen

matt1981

This is the first car I've had with the heated windscreen and this morning was the first day of real thick ice since I've had it.

What a godsend, melted the ice in the time I'd scraped the side windows, brilliant.

Am I right in thinking this is a Ford patent? Do other cars have similar systems?

• Like 1

This is the first car I've had with the heated windscreen and this morning was the first day of real thick ice since I've had it.

What a godsend, melted the ice in the time I'd scraped the side windows, brilliant.

Am I right in thinking this is a Ford patent? Do other cars have similar systems?

Im not aware of any other car manufacturer having it,

Heated mist jets also work great,

There part of the system.

Think the patent has expired now, it's what 10 years or something, Mercedes have a similar thing going on now but not standard ( it's a merc of course not ) but they never were "exclusive" to Ford as Mazda etc all the companies owned by Ford either part of whole do have them in various stages too. like some Mazda MPS models have them.

• Like 1

Volkswagen also use a similar system, although their windscreens don't have the wires in. Its like a sheet in windscreen. I've never tested one but heard good reviews

Should be a thread saying ''the best things ford put on the fiesta'' this would be one of them 100%

What a godsend, melted the ice in the time I'd scraped the side windows, brilliant

The heated mirrors give off enough heat to deal with the side windows ;)

Something told to me by my new car salesman and something I've taken advantage of since

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It is superb and a very amusing video above! I had it on the Freelander because Ford once owned Land Rover hence their vehicles have it fitted. Aston Martin have them too I believe.

• Like 1

I forget how much I love my heated windscreen until winter arrives, I get outside and think, 'dam I'm going to be late for work!' But it comes to the rescue and melts within minutes, hallelujah !!!

Abby

At my house there's the parents beemers, sisters corsa and my fiesta. Only one has this godsend, I can tell they all envy it!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

When I had a BMW and my better half had a Fiesta, she was always off the drive first.

She has now changed her car and I now drive a Fiesta, so I'm never last getting off the drive :D .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club