Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Fiesta Model Should I Get?

James Freeman

Hi all, I'm posting on behalf of my sister and looking into her new car for her. She currently drive a 2002 Ford Ka, it's been a great car for her first 2 years of motoring but over the past 6 months shes had it in the garage because it kept going into limp mode, the mechanics replaced a couple of bits (not entirely sure what) which fixed the problem. Recently she said that its been juddering going uphill... long and short of it, she wants a new car.

I've got a '58' Fiesta Titanium which I've had for about 4/5 years and my sister fancies a fiesta. I've had a couple of issues with my car and just wondering what the latest info is, what we should avoid etc.

I had trouble with 3 out of my 4 alloys being buckled and when I searched about this at the time it seemed to be a problem with the titanium alloys in particular that were prone to buckling. Is this still an issue on the newer ones?

Also I have bluetooth in mine, I can stream audio but can't skip tracks etc. on the steering wheel or media console. Also the track info isn't relayed to the screen on the center console. Is this something what was changed on any fiesta titanium after '58'?

Shes got up to £7k to spend and want her to get the best car for her money. Shes interested in the Titanium because thats what I've got, but I know there has been a facelift version since the one I have and now not sure how each model is specced.

Her requirements are as follows.

*Petrol

*Manual

*Remote locking

*Elec windows

*USB

*Bluetooth

*Heated windscreen (Not essential, but I've strongly recommended she get this!)

*Parking sensors (she is really keen for these!)

Shes after as new and low mileage car as possible and if anyone can recommend which version to get, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Which fiesta wheels do you mean are prone to buckling? The 7 or 15 spoke titanium alloys?

I've got a zetec with all the above (except sensors) which I'm going to be trading in at 6.5k, less than 10k miles, last years reg, so auto trader and the like might be a good idea for those wishing to avoid trade ins :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've had a look through auto trader. It just so baffling! I had the 15 spoke alloys and as nice as they looked they had had it! I'll have a look into zetecs as they might be a bit cheaper than a titanium, im sure she can learn to park looking over her shoulder!

The old mk7 fiesta did suffer from buckling especially the 17s but the facelift (2013 / 62 on) have better wheels.

The old mk7 fiesta did suffer from buckling especially the 17s but the facelift (2013 / 62 on) have better wheels.

I have to admit an entirely selfish reason for wanting to know, is I was looking at getting (have got one) mk7 titanium wheels for my new 15 plate car, I'm now considering just painting up the wheels it comes with as and returning the wheel I've already bought as A, I don't much fancy wheels that buckle like they're made of cheese at the slightest hurdle and B, want strong good robust wheels for the same reason as A

Even with a return fee of 20% I stand to make a loss, but not as much of a loss I stand if they all buckle and cripple :shock:

Autotrader can be a minefield, but stick with it and use the advanced settings (nearly new for low mileage and age, Bluetooth) and you should grab yourself a fantastic deal

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

There's an old shape edge with bluetooth here;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201412179689317/sort/atcustom/page/1/transmission/manual/fuel-type/petrol/keywords/Bluetooth/radius/1500/model/fiesta/usedcars/postcode/gl54sa/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew/make/ford?logcode=p

An old shape zetec here;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201411299327236/sort/atcustom/page/1/transmission/manual/fuel-type/petrol/keywords/Bluetooth/radius/1500/model/fiesta/usedcars/postcode/gl54sa/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew/make/ford?logcode=p

Another zetec here;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201412109572532/sort/atcustom/postcode/gl54sa/radius/1500/transmission/manual/usedcars/model/fiesta/make/ford/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/fuel-type/petrol/keywords/Bluetooth/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew/page/2?logcode=p

New shape zetec here;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410057960791/sort/atcustom/keywords/Bluetooth/make/ford/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/page/8/usedcars/transmission/manual/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew/fuel-type/petrol/model/fiesta/postcode/gl54sa?logcode=p

Old shape titanium here in Essex (I'd email for photos, looks like a brand new advert);

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410178290489/sort/atcustom/page/10/fuel-type/petrol/transmission/manual/usedcars/radius/1500/make/ford/model/fiesta/keywords/Bluetooth/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew/postcode/gl54sa/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old?logcode=p

And so on, looks like odds on getting an old shape for her money are a better bet, but there are odd new shapes thrown in there, all trims have heated windscreen as standard afaik

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hello.

Without going in to the in's and out's of your sisters finances - could she not just get a new or nearly new car on a PCP deal. I've just joined the forum as I'm picking up my new car in 12 hours time.

I'm picking up a 14 plate Zetec 3dr in Candy Blue (hence the name) 2k miles from a Ford dealer and paying £105 a month for 36 months with a £2k deposit. I know that doesn't quite answer your question but something like this...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/fiesta/ford-fiesta-1-0-ecoboost-titanium-3dr/3157187

Is only slightly more than I paid for mine - granted its a year older but its still the new shape and this ones titanium spec - I'm guessing this would be around £130 a month on a PCP deal like mine through Ford??

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree and she doesn't want PCP but worth considering!

I did actually suggest it to her, but she said that she didn't want the monthly repayments and she's got the money set to one side and doesn't want to spend any more than her 7k.

With all this talk about new cars, im feeling the desire to upgrade myself!

Buy the lease outright after you've taken it out, won't cost 7K, although........here it comes Willy....... £800 down and £179PM gets you a new ST3 for 2 years, comes close to mark and you'll have nothing to pay into it after other than fuel and insurance. with a proven 44.1MPG you can't go wrong.

( Awaits the hate )

Well if she's got £7k saved up she's absolutely laughing.

An ST would be nice but for a 'normal' fiesta she could buy one like the one I listed...

Put down £2/3k - put £3800 in an account for the £105 a month monthly repayments. That way she keeps a little money aside plus she'll build a little bit of interest on the £3800 sat somewhere and in reality can just leave it to run itself. She'll then be in a new car - under warranty with the options she's ticked and she's already got the cash waiting as such.

Pointless buying an older shape - 61 plate or similar which will soon be out of warranty and needing an MOT when she's in a very good position to buy a new/6 month old one.

That's really good advise, i'll have a look into it, im concerned she won't get the finance, she's only on minimum wage and hasn't had any credit before. She's 19, is it likely even pursuing the finance option?

That's really good advise, i'll have a look into it, im concerned she won't get the finance, she's only on minimum wage and hasn't had any credit before. She's 19, is it likely even pursuing the finance option?

My friend got it through ford in exactly the same situation, the larger deposit put down helps but as it's secured against the car to. Quite simply if it's not paid the car goes so shouldn't have to much of an issue as long as she works full time

I'm not sure exactly how many hours she works, I've got a feeling it's about 33 hours a week. I don't live with her anymore so will have to give her a ring and find out.

I don't really seeing it being am issue but she has to feel comfortable with doing it, as it's a bigger commitment then buying outright.

Tbh I'm for it I have now been doing options for the past few years and to me it's the simplest way of owning a car if something goes wrong simply hand it back and they repair FOC. No getting hit with a big depreciation either, drive round in a new car every year and as I get bored easily change when you feel like!

But if you have the spare cash and plan to keep the car till it hits the ground I'd go for buying used in cash tbh!

Just thought I'd give you all an update, yesterday my sister bought a new shape 2013 fiesta! She love it! Didn't think it was too bad a deal as she ended up with a 1.25 Zetec in black, with the parking sensors which she really wanted! Only 11,000 miles on the clock, 5 doors... it was 8K which was more than she wanted to spend, but it feels and looks pretty just like a brand new car so she doesn't feel like shes too hard done by! Just need to find out how to connect her iPhone 6 to the car, the music playback works over bluetooth but for some reason when she plugged it in with her iPhone usb cable, it didn't work. Ah well, will have a flick through the manual. Thanks for all your help!

• Like 2

I think you need a special lead that plugs into both the USB and the 3.5mm jack for iphones. I've not got one so someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-iPhone-5-5C-5S-USB-Aux-Replacement-Cable-in-white-/141129160583

Just thought I'd give you all an update, yesterday my sister bought a new shape 2013 fiesta! She love it! Didn't think it was too bad a deal as she ended up with a 1.25 Zetec in black, with the parking sensors which she really wanted! Only 11,000 miles on the clock, 5 doors... it was 8K which was more than she wanted to spend, but it feels and looks pretty just like a brand new car so she doesn't feel like shes too hard done by! Just need to find out how to connect her iPhone 6 to the car, the music playback works over bluetooth but for some reason when she plugged it in with her iphone usb cable, it didn't work. Ah well, will have a flick through the manual. Thanks for all your help!

I've got a 5s and to connect the phone (other than bluetooth), all I've used in the past is a headphone jack lead connecting both headphone sockets on phone and on car.

My usb socket just has a little usb memory stick in it - also for a wide range of songs, I think I've got 600 odd on there, only a select few of which are on my phone

Hth :)

Buy the lease outright after you've taken it out, won't cost 7K, although........here it comes Willy....... £800 down and £179PM gets you a new ST3 for 2 years, comes close to mark and you'll have nothing to pay into it after other than fuel and insurance. with a proven 44.1MPG you can't go wrong.

( Awaits the hate )

What do you mean "awaits"

Just thought I'd give you all an update, yesterday my sister bought a new shape 2013 fiesta! She love it! Didn't think it was too bad a deal as she ended up with a 1.25 Zetec in black, with the parking sensors which she really wanted! Only 11,000 miles on the clock, 5 doors... it was 8K which was more than she wanted to spend, but it feels and looks pretty just like a brand new car so she doesn't feel like shes too hard done by! Just need to find out how to connect her iPhone 6 to the car, the music playback works over bluetooth but for some reason when she plugged it in with her iphone usb cable, it didn't work. Ah well, will have a flick through the manual. Thanks for all your help!

The 1.0T would have been a better engine, not sure what they go for second hand.

I really wanted her to get a 1.0t but they were considerably more. She's happy with it so that's the main thing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club