Do Not Sell My Personal Information

front fogs

dfoord

I am thinking of buying a set of fog lights for my 02 reg focus lx they come with everything i need but does anybody know if the wiring loom is already on my car for the fogs to just plug into

All the wiring should be there. Take a quick look under the bumper where the lights should be and you'll be able to see them.

You will also need a new switch for the lights. Don't know what happens about the light on the dash but would imagine it would all be there

wiring should be there.

gaz you mentioned a light on the dash, as far as im aware the only indicator lamp for the front fogs is on the switch itself? may be wrong though?

I could be wrong but I'm sure you get the orange light for the rears and the green for the fronts.

wiring should be there.

gaz you mentioned a light on the dash, as far as im aware the only indicator lamp for the front fogs is on the switch itself? may be wrong though?

your right it is on the switch itself ;)

That's me told then ;) Lol

That's me told then ;) Lol

Thanks for replying

I cant see anything that looks like wires

some people have told me they are clipped on the inside of the wing or tucked up near the radiator but i see nothing

I had a thought though that maybe because fogs were NOT an optional extra on my car (only a zetec and above) they didn`t put the wiring in ????

Thanks again for reading

Oh one last thing does anyone know if you can buy a loom for them ??

Thanks again

Dave

If it wasn't an optional extra then I could see why there may not be a loom there. It's usually cheaper for the manufacture to just have one standard loom across the range, so you would assume the wires would be tucked away somewhere.

If your positive they aren't, then best bet is to go to the local scrapyard and take the wires you need of one there. Or you may be able to buy some sort of kit like the one your buying with the wires included.

cant find wires on mine looked everwhere

1.8 lx estate

found them left side just above the horn under wing.

right side driver just above the accumlator for air con.

off to find some fogs for my ride ;) ;)

AAAAGGH just screamed out loud fingers crossed i hope mine are there too thankyou thankyou

and if you need fogs look on eBay there are 2 companies doing the kit you get fogs, bezels,all clips and a new switch and it says you just plug it all in

again fingers crossed i will let you all know WHOO HOO :lol:

AAAAGGH just screamed out loud fingers crossed i hope mine are there too thankyou thankyou

and if you need fogs look on ebay there are 2 companies doing the kit you get fogs, bezels,all clips and a new switch and it says you just plug it all in

again fingers crossed i will let you all know WHOO HOO :lol:

Got a bit too excited too quickly

cant see no wires on mine (sob sob waah) i am off work for 2 weeks so i will have to have a good look again

What sort of connector am i looking for :(

I know its a big ask but i dont suppose you could take a pic of where you found the wires and send it to me dfoord@hotmail.com

Thanks

Dave (getting desperate) :rolleyes:

I know its a big ask but i dont suppose you could take a pic of where you found the wires and send it to me dfoord@hotmail.com

Thanks

Dave (getting desperate) :rolleyes:

i take some in morning and put them up on the site

right here you go just follow the green lines you will have to feel for them

frist picture is left side second picture is right side

right here you go just follow the green lines you will have to feel for them

frist picture is left side second picture is right side

Thankyou Thankyou the pics were a great help and YESSSSSSS i have the wiring WHOO HOO now all i have to do is sweet talk the misses into letting me use her credit card

:lol::lol::lol:

Thankyou Thankyou the pics were a great help and YESSSSSSS i have the wiring WHOO HOO now all i have to do is sweet talk the misses into letting me use her credit card

:lol::lol::lol:

your welcome ;)

your welcome ;)

;) Made her lots of tea gave her lots of cuddles and told her that i loved her and yes they are now on order :P

;) Made her lots of tea gave her lots of cuddles and told her that i loved her and yes they are now on order :P

thats the way cool

btw// where did you get em from the foglights

back in the day of my mk1 focus I fitted fogs two two cars.

First was a T reg 1.6 and this needed everything, from the extra wire from the light switch to the new loom in the bumper to the lights, messy job as you have to get the the large mulitplug int he bulk head. However when you buy the harness you do get all the info from ford.

Second was a 1.8 W reg Focus this just needed a new light switch and then grill and fogs as wiring was all there,

You will need to check the wiring in your car however if you go to a dealer they can run off the instructions that come with the part,

Just to put a spin on it though I have come across in past when doing someone elses car where they had the loom in the bumper but still needed a single wire run from the bulk head multiplug to the lights witch.

Hope this helps

back in the day of my mk1 focus I fitted fogs two two cars.

First was a T reg 1.6 and this needed everything, from the extra wire from the light switch to the new loom in the bumper to the lights, messy job as you have to get the the large mulitplug int he bulk head. However when you buy the harness you do get all the info from ford.

Second was a 1.8 W reg Focus this just needed a new light switch and then grill and fogs as wiring was all there,

You will need to check the wiring in your car however if you go to a dealer they can run off the instructions that come with the part,

Just to put a spin on it though I have come across in past when doing someone elses car where they had the loom in the bumper but still needed a single wire run from the bulk head multiplug to the lights witch.

Hope this helps

Cheers thanks for your input but i have found the wires got me fogs all i gotta do is fit them

thats the way cool

btw// where did you get em from the foglights

I got them from fordpartsuk.com and with VAT they were £109 you get everything you need and it all looks very simple to fit

i ordered them on Wednesday 29th and got them this morning 31st brilliant

Once again thanks for the pics and i will post again when i fit them Sunday (hopefully) :P

I just could not wait

it looked so simple i had a go and 1/2 hour later all done and working WHOO HOO

In fact the hardest/most tricky bit was cutting the tape to release the wires oh and one of the fog blanks was a bit tricky

But all screwed in well and it all works BRILLIANT :wub::wub: :)

I just could not wait

it looked so simple i had a go and 1/2 hour later all done and working WHOO HOO

In fact the hardest/most tricky bit was cutting the tape to release the wires oh and one of the fog blanks was a bit tricky

But all screwed in well and it all works BRILLIANT :wub::wub: :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club