Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Input

hollycl_

Hi guys :)

Can someone recommend a decent AUX input unit for my new fiesta please.

I have a mk6 (05 plate) Fiesta Zetec S with a 4500 RDS E.ON CD player/radio.

I want to be able to play my phone though it. I tried one of those FM tuner wire things but they're rubbish.

I don't want an aftermarket headunit as I like to keep things original with the car :)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Holly

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

Hi guys :)

Can someone recommend a decent AUX input unit for my new fiesta please.

I have a mk6 (05 plate) Fiesta Zetec S with a 4500 RDS E.ON CD player/radio.

I want to be able to play my Music though it. I tried one of those FM tuner wire things but they're rubbish.

I don't want an aftermarket headunit as I like to keep things original with the car :)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Holly

Hi Holly,

This unit plugs in to the rear of the stereo and can be roof mounted inside the glovebox will be compatable with everything except Bluetooth:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Music-Interface-For-Ford-12-Pin-4050-RDS-4500-4600CDR-5000RDS-5000RDS-EON6000CD-/261431527168?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cde888700

Alternatively: if you're car doesn't have bluetooth handsfree you may consider fitting a Parrot Mki9100 onwards

These units operate handsfree communication and voice control aswell as providing Auxiliary functions for music streaming via USB, bluetooth, and 3.5mm Jack the screen is around the same size as a cigarette lighter and the control unit is wireless so you can stick it on dash wherever you like,

Ive bought my mother one two years ago and the sound quality is exceptional.

See kit:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parrot-MKi9100-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Music-Car-Kit-USB-for-iPhone-iPod-Blackberry-/350601804036?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item51a17ef904

If purchasing the parrot kit you will need a model specific patch cable,

They vary depending on car but this is the one for you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Focus-Parrot-Bluetooth-ISO-Adaptor-SOT-Lead-/350407933089?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5195f0bca1

With the SOT lead purchased everything is plug&Play only two cables to be connected:

Ignition live feed & earth

The ignition live feed can be obtained via a piggyback fuse adaptor pluged in to the passenger footwell fuse board allowing power flow only when key is in the ignition :) most cars changed to mini fuse when CanBus technology came in to effect around 2005 so you're fiesta may have either so ill link both sizes and check size before purchasing.

Thats if you decide to go parrot :lol: no pressure i put the information out there for everyone reading.

Piggyback fuse adaptor:

Standard Fuse:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-Piggy-Back-Standard-Blade-Fuse-Holder-ATO-ATC-12v-24v-/180735526749?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a14ad475d

Or

Mini Fuse:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180735820543?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&clk_rvr_id=756545012644&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

that's really helpful. I like the idea of bluetooth due to hands free function for music and calls etc.

I've seen the parrot one and considered it but was quite unsure due to having to find specific parts to fit my car but now I don't have to look I guess!

Thanks for the advice! :)

• Like 1

that's really helpful. I like the idea of Bluetooth due to hands free function for music and calls etc.

I've seen the parrot one and considered it but was quite unsure due to having to find specific parts to fit my car but now I don't have to look I guess!

Thanks for the advice! :)

No problem thanks,

Im always happy to assist.

All that would be required is listed above however you may need stereo removal keys to get the headunit out.

Parrot have always been top quality and leading the handsfree market,

The ISO cable means you never need to cut a cable everything is then plug&play therefore can be removed without trace and fitted to your next car by purchasing the specific ISO cable for the next car.

Dynamic-sounds are also top supplier and stockest I've always bought from them aswell as AutoStar electronics Dave is top supplier there too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club