Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windshield Heaters - How To Turn It Off?

TheRookie

I am not sure if "normal" Focus does that but my CC is insisting on turning on windshield and mirror heaters on every time I start its engine when temperature is below 5 degrees. It does that even if there is no need to clean windshield/mirrors. Is there way to switch this feature off?

• Like 1

My 08 mk2.5 Zetec does this. Front and rear heaters come on even if not needed. I believe if you have the modified elm reader you can turn it off. It should turn itself off after x amount of time though?

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

As above, can be de-activated via an ELM as I activated mine via this method

• Like 1

I am not sure if "normal" Focus does that but my CC is insisting on turning on windshield and mirror heaters on every time I start its engine when temperature is below 5 degrees. It does that even if there is no need to clean windshield/mirrors. Is there way to switch this feature off?

My 08 mk2.5 Zetec does this. Front and rear heaters come on even if not needed. I believe if you have the modified elm reader you can turn it off. It should turn itself off after x amount of time though?

:)

As above, can be de-activated via an ELM as I activated mine via this method

+1

I activated it via modified ELM327 and the Elmconfig software,

Just a case of ticking or unticking the relevant box.

You can still use all functions by pressing switches as normal after auto has been deactivated.

Pre-modified elm327's can be purchased from here: http://www.spanglefish.com/TunnelratElectronics/

And the Software can be found here: http://www.spanglefish.com/TunnelratElectronics/index.asp?pageid=520030

The forum thread discussing all the capable features is here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

Windows based Computer Required.

I like this feature!

And just to add weight to the excellent advice - I turned it on via ELMConfig!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Thanks for the information guys :)

As to ELM - it seem to be a nice CAN box to play with. However, there are some unique things in CC (such as window drop when opening doors, for example) and judging by screenshots this car isn't supported.

• Like 1

It's if it's under 5c I think, do they come on after the engine starts? Mine's 5 years old on the factory battery and turns a little slow after standing for 4 days as it is. As it has been said, it's not always frosty at sub 5 degrees.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club