Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr & Dpf???

DB86
聽Share

Hi guys. Newby hear.

Can someone help me out a little.

I am keen to do a few 5 gigs to my 07 plate mondy ST tdci but have heard conflicting responses from various friend asked in the trade.

1. I want to Blank off the EGR is it better to have a solid plate or one with a breath hole?

2. Does my car being an 07 still have a DPF?? As a mechanic told me today that he didn't think it had one?? 馃槙

And finally. I am planning to decat the car and put in an air filter upgrade then have the car remapped. What are people's view on K&N vs Piper cross filters? And whats the best value for money decay system to source?

Also I heard that my EGR may be electric and if so the Map will turn it off anyway so I may not need at blanking plate?

Can anyone shed some light on all or any of this please?

Cheers.

DB

Hi, in my opinion, it is better to blank it off with a solid plate, I've done it, too.

The 2007 mondeo has'nt got a DPF, at least not in Belgium, in stead, he has a catalyst.

For the moment, I have a decat-pipe, Piper Cross airfilter ( + many things more in order to have a good feeling about the remap).

It is possible that today's remappings wipe out the EGR,I do not know, but the remap I had, a few years ago, did not. In my case, I have still blanked off my EGR.

In case of possibillity, I would also recommend to blank off the EGR, because you cannot know for sure if the valve is closed 100%.

It is possible that the valve does not close because there is soot and sludge around.
I'd rather play 'safe'

+1

Id blank the Egr using a stainless steel full blanking plate no hole in it,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club