Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Refurb

Jonah11

hi guys. i want to refurb the alloys on my car but dont want to pay somebody to do it. does any one have a step by step guide to help do it myself. would be much appreciated. :-)

hi guys. i want to refurb the alloys on my car but dont want to pay somebody to do it. does any one have a step by step guide to help do it myself. would be much appreciated. :-)

I've done it, and to be perfectly honest with you I'd pay someone to do it for you, it's easier, quicker and cheaper

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Agree. Once did the alloys on an MGB that were black and gold took chuffing ages and that was only a paint job as wheels were in pretty good nick

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Ok guys. Any ruff ideas of the price I'm looking at? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Most places will charge around £30-£40 a wheel just painting. Or around £60 for powder coating. Now it depends on what your looking for as just painting you just get the face of the wheel done. Powder coat which is much better does the full wheel inside and the face any colour you want. If you want a colour change with just paint you most likely won't get the wheel backs done.

Thanks Steven. Will probs need a proper job done as there in a bit of a mess. The wife hits the Kurb everyday. Nightmare !!!!!!!

No probs Jonah. That's the problem with curbs they have a tendency to just jump out on you. Lol!

Ha ha ha. That Kurb has been there for the past 5 years we've lived here and still everyday she manages to hit it !!!!! Ha ha

My local powder coaters charge £30 per wheel, includes media blasting, then primed & powder coated any base colour you like front and back. Special colours like pearls or flip are extra.

If your alloys need repairs I'd get them blasted and repaired first before powder coating is done.

I bought a set of temporary steel wheels for mine while my alloys were getting done as its about a 14 day turn around.

Cheers ade. But where is local to you. Lol. I'm up north. Durham way. Lol. ;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club