Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Jump Starter For Larger Engine Diesels? Help!

Brigante

with my petrol focus i always kept a booster pack in the boot, luckily never needed to use it but i like the peace of mind that its there

i have just upgraded to a bigger engine diesel and now my old booster pack is not sufficient enough

i have been searching high and low and every single booster pack i can find says they are only suitable for petrol engines up to a 2.5 and diesels up to a 2.0. i have a 2.2 diesel

is there no booster packs suitable for a 2.2 diesel?

if not then what are my options? i do not want jumper cables

if there are suitable booster packs available, can someone please link me to one?

What's your budget?

Similar to the one mintalkin has put up, here is the next model up with compressor too. Not cheap, far from it but if you can go with someone who has a vat free ticket you will save a fair bit.

Good units, and good for 3 litre diesels.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-jumpstart-1010?da=1&TC=SRC-clarke%201010

About that i suppose. Does look like what im after. I do want something with the power socket and air compressor.

But why is it twice the price as the many others? Why is none of the others suitable for any diesel over 2.0? Mines only 2.2 so up to 3.0 seems a bit overkill. Its annoying that all the others will happily do a 2.5 petrol but only up to 2.0 diesel and I'm marginally outside that

This booster pack costs as much as the new battery ive just had put in

Starting a diesel takes much more effort and power due to the higher compression. Add to that cold and thick oil at this time of year and you may need that slightly oversize pack anyway.

I'll have to invest in one then. Are there any alternatives to the machine mart one?

I have never really looked into them that much mate, so I'm not sure what other options there are.

With a petrol engine generally you'll be fine with any booster box in my experience (as long as the battery still has some power), but you need a powerful one for diesels for the above mentioned reasons.

I should really buy a booster box for the Focus as my last one died about a year ago and at this time of year with an older battery you should always be prepared... And I'm not!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club