Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Dipped Beam Indicator? Really?

winemart2

2014 Fiesta Tit and only a main beam indicator? In certain low light situations when it's wet, I have to know if dipped is on by feeling the position of the switch. Bit more progress I spose.

Dipped beam is green headlight symbol on dash, main beam is blue in the center.

• Like 1

As above, the LED DRLs will be on all the time, when the auto lights come on (if your using them) the rear side lights come on so does the dipped beam and the icon comes up on the dash.

I dont have auto lights but I would find an indicator telling you dipped beam are on useful too.

The green light on the dash you refer to is the same when sidelights or dipped beam are on, it would be useful if it distinguished between the two

• Like 1

Then you could look at the light switch to see what position they are on.

• Like 1

Thing is though, Mark. There's indicators for almost everything else (like if you forgot to use the loo, almost) surely another quid for a dipped indicator wouldn't have been too far a stretch. I'm almost sure it was included on every other car I've had back to 1965.

I've never seen a dipped beam indicator on any car.

Not many cars have lights indicating your lights these days. I also have an Audi A3 and there is only a light in the instrument cluster when you're on full beams. Luckily it has auto lights so I never have to bother checking. But the only way to tell is by looking at the headlight dial. Its never been a biggie to me

Every car I've owned has had a green light for side/dipped.

• Like 1

Thing is though, Mark. There's indicators for almost everything else (like if you forgot to use the loo, almost) surely another quid for a dipped indicator wouldn't have been too far a stretch. I'm almost sure it was included on every other car I've had back to 1965.

I think you said you had a mk2 XR2, I remember mine had the same light as the current fiesta to say the side lights were on, I think every ford I've owned have been the same. never seen a dipped beam indicator, you would end up with alternate flashing lights on the dash. Main, dipped, main, dipped etc.

Older cars it was easier as the dash lights were only on when you turned the lights on, so the indicator light let you know the side lights were on , you would know the dipped beam was on because the was lit up and the blue light for main beam. New cars everything lights up and all have DRLs, this is where auto lights become useful.

• Like 1

Maybe dementia is kicking in then, hmmmmm. Either way, I knew when dipped were on which suggests that my Tit dips are crap :)

Actually, they aren't too good. Prolly good enough for folks with ST's doing stickler speeds though ;)

Just kidding.

Another reason for not wanting the auto dimming rear view mirror. It's so dark that I can't see the outline of the possible plod lamp on the roof behind :D

• Like 1

Older cars it was easier as the dash lights were only on when you turned the lights on, so the indicator light let you know the side lights were on , you would know the dipped beam was on because the was lit up and the blue light for main beam.

That's it, I was sure there was some way to differentiate between side and dipped lights in my first car! Agreed it is a bit annoying not having a way of telling what lights are actually on from the dashboard alone.

Can you not just tell from seeing the light infront of you? Or the fact the lights aren't on dipped as you didn't turn it two clicks? don't get the issue myself.

It's like saying my car doesn't tell me it's dark and I forgot to change from Sidelights to dipped all the time. barely any cars have a separate indicator for sides and dipped.

• Like 2

Seeing as it's a Titanium with auto lights I cant see an issue. In auto mode your lights are on or off.

Can you not just tell from seeing the light infront of you? Or the fact the lights aren't on dipped as you didn't turn it two clicks? don't get the issue myself.

It's like saying my car doesn't tell me it's dark and I forgot to change from Sidelights to dipped all the time. barely any cars have a separate indicator for sides and dipped.

Exactly. Though in some low light conditions it can be hard to tell.

Seeing as it's a Titanium with auto lights I cant see an issue. In auto mode your lights are on or off.

It shouldn't be but Ray doesn't trust the tech.

I'm just b***** awkward that's all :)

But under certain conditions I really can't tell if they're on or off without feeling the switch.

Another reason for not wanting the auto dimming rear view mirror. It's so dark that I can't see the outline of the possible plod lamp on the roof behind :D

Hahaha! I definitely relate to this

I'm sure our dashboards do have a dipped beam indicator, green near 0mph. I'm not going to go out and check right now, but having contemplated buying this, looking at the third image might help.

Also, the dashboard and center console lights do glow red / blue when dipped beam are on, so that might help?