Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk3 Tdci 2005 Flashing Heating Coil

The_Dude

Hello,

I have a few questions:

Is the "engine management" influenced by the outside temp sensor?

Is the "auto airco" influenced by the outside temp sensor?

Outside temp sensor works on/off, mostly depending on the weather conditions. When it rains I get the "red snowflake" immediately, when it is dry, it works for a while. Faulty contact or to be replaced?

Last couple of weeks I got the "flashing heating coil" after the engine is holding back a bit in the high revs. A couple a days ago outside temp dropped minus 0C° (freezing) and with the "blinking coil" the "engine light" stayed on. Now the temp is around 8C°, no problem at all. Any suggestions where to look first?

(I'm waiting for my OBD2 reader.)

Thanks a lot,

Lode

Hi lose. I am having exactly the same problem. My code reader brought up p132b something to do with in or around turbo. After some digging around I have found that the vnt vanes in the turbo are sticking. Clogged up with soot and/or carbon deposits. The actuator arm should move very easy but when you try manually it's seems very stiff. If you open bonnet and where the turbo is back off engine, under windscreen. There should be 2/3 nuts holding the metal casing on over the turbo. Take these off and remove the case with some wriggling about. Lol. You will see the actuator arm is held in place by a little metal clip. Little screwdriver and pry it off be carefull not to lose it. Move the arm backwards an forwards about 2 inches should move freely if it's stiff then that's your problem. Hope this helps :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Phil,

I was planning to look at that and I noticed that there is a casing around the turbo. As my car is outside and the weather is not that good, it is not freezing, but I find it still rather cold, it will have to wait a while.

For the time being, I have no problems, even when I push it high in revs.

I'm still interested if the outside sensor is interfering with the engine/airco.

Thanks, Lode

No idea about the engine/airco but I would look there it seems to be a common problem with the sticking vanes. Hope it gets sorted. Let me know how you get on :-)

I shouldn't of thought the eml and auto air con are effected by the outside sensor mind. On mine it's the front and rear window heater that come if temp is under 5c :-/

Hi Phil,

Did you get the turbo out to clean or used an other method?

Regards, Lode

I haven't cleaned mine yet lode. You can either use like a carb cleaner. And spray it in where the actuator arm goes in an hope for the best or remove the top of turbo. But going to attempt it myself tomorow. I have a guide to take the turbo off to clean it if you would like it? :-)

Hi,

Definitely yes, then I give it a try as wel. I came across a youtube film, the guy drilled a hole (tapped in a bolt afterwards) in the turbo and sprayed "oven-cleaner" in it, from the comments I understand it works.

lode.rosel@icloud.com

Thanks, Lode

Yeah I seen that one. But I'd rather not. Lol. This way seems to be a lot easier :-)

Good luck with the cleaning.

Let me know how it went!

Bye, Lode

Thanks. I'm gunna email you that guide over too :-)

Hey lode. How did you get in with that guide or was it something else. I haven't had time to have go yet but hopefully can get it done this week. :-/

Hi, I've read it and it looks very comprehensive, but still a bit tricky, I guess. Anyway, I'm still waiting for my reading device, hopefully tomorrow. And the weather conditions are horrible, rain, now it is freezing. Not so different as in the UK, I guess.

Let me know how it went on.

Lode

Yeah once the weather warms up a bit I will be doing it myself will let you know how it goes :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, did you got to cleaning the turbo?

I finally got the ELM, plenty of fault codes.

I gonna change the dieselfilter first, had to wait 2 weeks to get it.

I also noticed that my car is worse when it is freezing, it is ok when the engine is cold, but as soon it is on temp, it is bad. I've been driving almost normally when the temp was soft last few weeks.

Maybe I need to change the outside temp sensor (fault code) as well.

Bye, Lode

Ouch, thats a set back.

Well, I'm more lucky, fingers crossed, I changed my diesel filter yesterday and so far my car is driving normal. No holding in, no "flashing coil". I must say there was some dirt in the old filter, no metal.

Monday it's going to the garage to receive a cleaning (turbo/honeycomb) with an additive to the diesel, drive 30 km on high rev's. The product is only for sale for proffesionals. I let you know the outcome.

Bye, Lode

Nice one mate. Fingers crossed. Wish I was sooo lucky. Had nothing but sh*t luck with this car. And I need to fit it myself as I don't have the cash now to get anybody to do it for me. :-/

So lode I acquired a turbo and actuator last week and the man gave me a spare actuator for free. So I tried just swapping the actuator over, and hey presto. I have a fully working car again. He he he

good for you, so you got a spare turbo, Had the treatment done on Monday, but I came down with the flu, been in bed since, I'll do some tests on Sunday.

Got a spare turbo and actuator as 1 complete unit. Stored in me shed. Known my luck id sell it and then id need it. Ha ha. Get well soon and hope the motor is sound :-D