Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gel Badge Overlays

scottmc1991

alright people i know there is a topic about this already but i was wondering if any one has any tips or a guide on how to put gel overlays on as my car is on finance i dont want to mess the badges up as ill probably be changing the car in the future.

many thanks.

If anyone knows of good places to get them from, I'd be interested. I got one for my steering wheel from one place and got a picture from another and both seem quite pixelly. Maybe my standards are high, but I don't want to buy some for the outside of my car and find that they look pixelated and cheap!

I got mine from a lad called Ryan the E-mail is gelbadges@gmail.compost-60280-142029795865_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I've been looking everywhere for gel overlays and not being able to find them anywhere. As I want black with white writing but no one seems to do them. Is there a web page for him so I can have a look or is it just email?

Sorry forgot to put I'm looking for mk7.5 ones. I can only find mk6 badges.

Send an email to the address in past 5.

They were at ford fair right next to DMB ( bit odd) and the quality of there badges was equal to DMB

Hi all,

The one I had for my steering wheel I got from gelbadges@gmail.com. I also was given an email address from DMB Graphics: geloverlays@yahoo.com. I didn't order from them (monetry reasons and lack of decisiveness), but they did send me a photo example of one that I would have been ordering; white background with black text.

Hopefully this should be below (I recommend going through to see it at full size):

Gel Badge Overlay

And a crop:

Gel Badge Overlay_Crop

Is this as good as the ones that used to be made by DMB? When I have seen photos of those online, they look perfect!

Hi all,

The one I had for my steering wheel I got from gelbadges@gmail.com. I also was given an email address from DMB Graphics: geloverlays@yahoo.com. I didn't order from them (monetry reasons and lack of decisiveness), but they did send me a photo example of one that I would have been ordering; white background with black text.

Hopefully this should be below (I recommend going through to see it at full size):

And a crop:

Is this as good as the ones that used to be made by DMB? When I have seen photos of those online, they look perfect!

They look nowhere as good quality as made by DMB, The edges of DMB overlays were almost perfect :)

Due to DMB stopping them and Heko's extortionate prices I decided to give the badges a go myself! As I thought 'how hard can it be!?'

So I have bought supplies to get this done and I designed some wheel badges for my car to what they would look like. I designed them on photoshop cs6 ( never used it before and very advanced software! ) and printed them on special inkjet stick paper and to be fair there do look quite good! I have not got round to doming the badges yet so will update when I do this to see how they turn out as it needs time and preferably done in a well ventilated place as the chemicals are really strong fumes ha, I have the stuff in a plastic bag and the a bin liner and I can still smell the stuff!

I don't expect the first batch to be perfect as there are some refinements that I may need to do in photoshop etc. And I also used a matt based paper when I should have probably gone for some high gloss but hey ho.

If anyone here would like to try a set then I would be happy to send some out but just be aware that I won't have a lot of time on my hands at the moment.

• Like 2

I'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig, Nath!

• Like 1

I'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig, Nath!

Be my guest! I have printed out wheel badges for my aftermarket alloys which are 60mm in diameter, assuming that you have the OEM alloys on yours is that a diameter of 55mm, correct me if I am wrong? That is if you want to try wheels badges!

If anyone else wants to do this then I might as well use a full sheet of the A4 I have which would mean I can fit three sets of four wheel badges (I think that's right but will check when I get home).

Yeah, I have the 17" ones, but otherwise standard. I'm happy to try everything! I would also be after white background with black text, so fairly easy to produce, I should think! Feel free to send me a message and we can discuss further :)

I'll try the wheel badges & gel badges if you're doing normal badges?

I would love some! white background with black writing for me also would be great, I have the 17" standard rims too so 55mm?

when you have got some samples done upload sum pics bud!

Yeah, I have the 17" ones, but otherwise standard. I'm happy to try everything! I would also be after white background with black text, so fairly easy to produce, I should think! Feel free to send me a message and we can discuss further :)

I'll try the wheel badges & gel badges if you're doing normal badges?

I would love some! white background with black writing for me also would be great, I have the 17" standard rims too so 55mm?

No worries, I will get on photoshop to design them and let you know once that has been done. I am waiting for some clear acrylic lacquer to come so I can spray them before putting the casting resin on for the doming effect.

I will get some pics up when I have time most likely on Wednesday.

I was looking for the ones you have there Scott, I e-mailed gel badges and he never got back to me! :( Need some for my mk7.5 Red edition I'm picking up on Saturday!

nice one mate i will get some off you when i see pics buddy dont know what colour for my car tho lol any suggestions? carbon fiber chrome? or blue and chrome of blue n black? a dno lol

post-50202-0-52599800-1420502735_thumb.j

I was looking for the ones you have there Scott, I e-mailed gel badges and he never got back to me! :( Need some for my mk7.5 Red edition I'm picking up on Saturday!

I had to wait for him to get back to me I think he took a day to reply , he will get back to you though.

nice one mate i will get some off you when i see pics buddy dont know what colour for my car tho lol any suggestions? carbon fiber chrome? or blue and chrome of blue n black? a dno lol

attachicon.gifIMAG2114.jpg

I managed to get the basics done for the wheel badges which are a white background with black oval and ford font. I just need to do some refinements on it later so it doesn't look as sharp or pixelated etc.

I will take some pictures or screenshots of the design later (as basic as it is!) and then I will get some printing done as well and take pictures to show you how they look.

It would be down to personal preference really but with that then it would be nice with a white background and a blue ovals/font but maybe I'm just being biased as I do like a white background ha.

I'd like some front and rear badges for mine with black background and white out line and font if you can do them. As I've got a white fiesta ST mk 7.5 I think they'd look great on it. Would b more than happy to pay u for them if u can do them.

I'd like some front and rear badges for mine with black background and white out line and font if you can do them. As I've got a white fiesta ST mk 7.5 I think they'd look great on it. Would b more than happy to pay u for them if u can do them.

I'll get onto that for you, but I will double check the dimensions for the front and rear badges.

I have refined the wheel badge (white background/black font) I will print them tomorrow and see what they are like and update with pics. I don't want to hijack this thread so will make a new one!

Foc

If you wanted some samples to try then message me your address along with what you want, bearing in mind that I can only do a few as I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands, and also I don't want the postage costs to be extortionate!
Cheers.
  • Like 1

I'll get onto that for you, but I will double check the dimensions for the front and rear badges.

I have refined the wheel badge (white background/black font) I will print them tomorrow and see what they are like and update with pics. I don't want to hijack this thread so will make a new one!

If you wanted some samples to try then message me your address along with what you want, bearing in mind that I can only do a few as I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands, and also I don't want the postage costs to be extortionate!

Cheers.

If you let me know the new thread and post some pictures and I'll have a look so you don't have to spend money on unnecessary postage. If you have a PayPal account I will be more than happy to send you payment for postage and for the gel overly badges.

The refined wheel centres look really good will be interesting to see the front and rear ones.

Thanks Nathj

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club