Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Brake Light Problem

satphil

Hi

Galaxy 53 plate

Ghia 24V Automatic

Brake lights work ok but if main lights are on brake lights stay on permanently as well, Any help appreciated.

Phil

have you changed a bulb recently? or bad earth normally cause lighting issues where one circuit affects another,

if you have done the basic checks?

then try adjusting the brake switch iirc there may be 2?

it has a plunger on it,try GENTLY pulling it out and releasing it,this should then reset the switch.

Hi

I have not changed any bulbs, car was serviced in the summer, not sure if any bulbs were changed.

I will have a look to see if I can find the switch in the morning.

We had a problem with elec windows which was caused by brittle wires, and reading this forum I see this has been mentioned as a possible reason.

if your saying the brake lights only stay on permanently when main lights ie side lights on then I doubt its switch related.

yes broken/frayed wires is a common problem on the galaxy's.

also do not forget to check the wires in the rear hatch,top right,you will have to pull the rubber sheath apart and inspect the wires,as tyou have had wire problems before it may be worth checking here 1st,its better to add extra wire and solder/heat shrink rather then just mend as is as it will only fail again.

Thanks Greg I will check in the morning.

I would disconnect one rear lamp connector and see if it still on, if still on then disconnect other side and reconnect first one, see what changes, also have you got tow bar wiring, they can cause lighting issues with water ingress

Thanks Ian did as you said and found a wrong bulb. My wife seems to think she may of changed it but is not totally admitting it.

Thats good, from your symptoms it sounded like a wrong bulb. Easy fix then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club