Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scuff Plates For The Inside? Did Anyone Know?

Paramanic

I was browsing the net and found these
fiesta_door_sill.jpg

Never seen these before but this image is from eBay but i seen them from here
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FreeShipping-stainless-steel-interior-scuff-plate-door-sill-covers-for-Ford-Fiesta-2009-2010-2014-car/32256653962.html

and here too

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FreeShipping-stainless-steel-scuff-plate-door-sill-covers-for-Ford-Fiesta-2009-2010-2014-car-styling/32256818184.html

weird but interesting as my girlfriend keeps dragging here heels in my car gonna drag her with my car soon enough or might get these but think if i get them i get them powdercoated or something lol

I have these in my car and they look brilliant. I can highly recommend them; they fit perfectly and took five minutes to fit (including cleaning the sills first).

I notice you have a Titanium though, so it depends whether you'd want an S on the inside!

Also got 5door they wouldnt fit lol but I know all about scuff plates but if you look on the pic it has scuff plates and massive ones in the inside (ontop of the plastic! Lol it's weird

The ones that say Ford on the pic

This hear is what I'm looking at I haven't seen them before it's literally a sill protector for the plastic inside lol

post-50202-142039666389_thumb.jpg

What you all think yay? Or nay?

Looks tacky having them on the inside aswell, practical but looks awful in my honest opinion.

• Like 2

What if they were powdercoated black tho?

Still stand out though and look out of place and over time the paint would just rub off ? just my opinion though.

Your opinion counts! just was thinking same lines as you very taky but practical is good as the missus keeps trailing feet and other folk too but thought it being powdercoated it would be ok but didn't even think of it rubbing off lol

If the outside and inside ones matched in terms of colour and logo it would look better, but not keen on them.

I'm not so keen on the inside ones either, now that I know what you were referring to specifically! Interesting idea though, and people have to try ideas and see how they go.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of getting scuff plates for the inside to protect them, you can get a sort of vinyl wrap but transparent (for lack of a better way to describe it)

The fiesta mk7 5 door has it on the rear doors to protect the paintwork when getting in/out

Ford also used it on the focus mk2.5 in the boot to prevent a cable rubbing through the paint when it was opened/closed

They do similar things for mountain bikes that prevent cable rubbing through the paint work

Can't think of the exact brand name of it but the interior sill could be wrapped in this and probably wouldn't be that noticeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Instead of getting scuff plates for the inside to protect them, you can get a sort of vinyl wrap but transparent (for lack of a better way to describe it)

The fiesta mk7 5 door has it on the rear doors to protect the paintwork when getting in/out

Ford also used it on the focus mk2.5 in the boot to prevent a cable rubbing through the paint when it was opened/closed

They do similar things for mountain bikes that prevent cable rubbing through the paint work

Can't think of the exact brand name of it but the interior sill could be wrapped in this and probably wouldn't be that noticeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Done this to my 7.5 zs. Just google/ebay 3m protector wrap and it comes up.

Not sure about the internal scuff plates with the external, think it would be a lot neater looking if it was one or the other. It's basically like a carerra gt scuff plates.

God no, just no. Absolutely no, No No NO!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Sorry but don't like at all,would not look good on mine as i have these.

post-52758-0-29998900-1421820315_thumb.j

I bought the ones from Ali express, any advice for fitting? See they have little peel off strips of stickers on back do they hold them or need something more? I cleaned and polished few days back but what do you suggest to clean with first as they may not stick to the auto glym?

Ones I got from aliexpress are great! hold on well

post-50202-142203795923_thumb.jpg

So did you use the sticky tabs that were attached? What did you clean with before applying

A just used a wet microfiber towel to wipe and dry the area then used the tabs already on them all I did was heat it up with a hair dryer and attach! simples :p

A just used a wet microfiber towel to wipe and dry the area then used the tabs already on them all I did was heat it up with a hair dryer and attach! simples :p

Heat the scuff panels or the body?

Sticky bits on the scuffs lol if you had to heat the body it would take u forever lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club