Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo

Jonah11

Hi guys. Would a split boost pipe kick up code p132b if anybody knows would be great. :-) :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

P132B has something to do with turbo boost so yes if you have a split boost pipe it may well be the reason

a faulty turbo actuator will also throw this code up, it could be the actuator not working or the vanes in the turbo sticking stopping the actuator arm moving.

Thanks steph. And done some research mintalkin and that's what I think it is, sticking turbo vanes. Is there a fix or is it a new/ recon turbo? :-/

My actuator arm moves freely a little but you have to force it the rest of the way by hand. :-/

If it is true that the vanes are sticking, you have to ask yourself the question: what is the reason, why.....

Carbon/soot build up I'm led to believe :-/ Is it difficult to access?

Yeah I've seen that. But not overly confident to do that. :-/ is there no other way?

Yeah I've seen that. But not overly confident to do that. :-/ is there no other way?

well,I see no other way than to dismantle the turbo, clean, and reassemble

I apologise for all the questions but I've never dealt with a turbo. Now a few people have told me it's not good practise to split the turbo. Is there a reason behind it? I don't mind having a go at dismantling as long as I ain't going to cause a problem. Lol :-)

I suggest to contact a professional, he can do it for you, but that's not what you want, I presume?

Disassemble can sometimes be a hard job.
It is possible that the bolts will break when loosening them, etc.
When that happens, you're in deep sh*t..

Well I don't want to take it to a garage if I can help it but known my luck I will bust some bolts. So maybes that's the safest way at least if they bust a bolt it's down to them. Ha ha :-/

You can solve the problem with carbon and soot build up with out dismantling the turbo with Revive Turbo and Engine cleaner. I've used this on my old VAG group TDI to solve the turbo vanes and egr sticking. It costs £30 a bottle off eBay. All you do is take off the air intake pipe after the mass airflow meter and spray in there following the instructions on the bottle. I would do this once then a second time about 2 weeks later then get it straight in for an oil and filter change. It saved me spending £3500 on parts labour and vat and never got the fault again. In total it cost me £150 to sort. But then I decided to trade in about 3months later for a fiesta ST.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club