Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 4500 3 part radio

SimonW

Basically I'm after an alternative radio which will can be swapped over and use all 3 sections up in the dash. I don't want to buy the satnav bezel and have a gap above as it looks out of place in my eyes.

the 4500 radio is a bit simple and doesnt do much, I'm really after one which has at least MP3 compatibility and possible USB too. I also may be thinking about an auxillary output for an amp at a later date.

Thanks!

EDIT: I would like to keep it a Ford branded radio if possible aswell to match the rest of the car.

Radio looks like this one below:

36923d1163022172-can-ford-4500-cd-player-replaced-pict0860.jpg

Though it's not really helping I had a Blaupunkt radio put in my mk6 fiesta. I had to get the entire unit removed and although to start with it looked at bit weird the shelf it created was very handy :) I've put up a picture below (click to make it bigger).

th_IMG_0660.jpg

Ive been doing a bit of looking around and have found some nice alpine headunits which are double din, would this fit ok in my fiesta?

Also the only problem I see with these is there on display all the time, they should make a way to take the whole front off lol :P

Alpine_CDE-W203Ri_car_audio.jpg

What about a 6000CD from a mk 6 facelift should fit right it (salvage yard?)

could really do with something that supports usb in, aux in and mp3 compatibility which i dont think the 6000CD does.

I really like the one above but im thinking about how much the theifs will too :P

could really do with something that supports usb in, aux in and mp3 compatibility which i dont think the 6000CD does.

I really like the one above but im thinking about how much the theifs will too :P

your right it dont support a usb but if you got the wiring as well it comes with a mp3 input (i have mk6 facelift) and is compatable

Just a quick question but is there ANY aftermarket double din headunits out there which actually have removable faces off em and some kind of technology tied in with car immobilisers?

Wish i could help on that one Simon.........Ima a female..what do i know .sorry hun. ;)

Hehe not to worry youve been more than helpful. Afterall, every bit of help counts. Im sure someone will pop by and answer it.

• 1 month later...

okay since then ive bought an aftermarket radio which is double din, does anyone know of any fitting cages I can buy for it to secure the radio in place? It appears the only way possible is to screw 2 screws at the top and 2 screws at the bottom on the front behind the dash (the same way the ford 4500 is held in). The cage that comes with the radio isnt really suited for this car really. I've seen pictures of people having a double din satnav stereo put in their mk6 ford fiestas and just wondering how they secured it in place?

Already got a 2nd hand dash console ready to cut out the 2 bars.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club