Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Lock While Filling Up?

Brighty16

Hello,

Every time i fill up with diesel the pump always clicks out. I can't even put £1 in without it clicking out. Its getting a real pain in the !Removed! to be honest. Is there anything i can do to stop this?

Any advice would be great and much appreciated. Thanks :)

If in doubt... Flat Out!!

How low are you letting the tank get?

I found I only got this when really low on fuel. Had to get someone from the fuel station out when I had trouble the first time.

They rotated the nozzle round a bit in the cap and it filled up fine.

Might be worth twisting the nozzle round 90 degrees one way or another. See if that helps.

when it happens to me i just fill with the trigger half pressed, goes in slower but it doesnt click

I find if you get the nozzle in all the way its usually slightly turned to the right as in nozxle pointing towards rear driver side door there's no issues

maybe the way ford designed the filler neck

is it that easy filling system you have? if you don't push down it will firstly pi$$ all over the floor but mine cuts out too, the nozzle only goes in a bit, then you push the handle down to the ground and its fine. Might not be the same issue but food for thought.

I can fit the nozzle in all the way, in fact i pushed it to far in once and couldn't get it back out haha. I will try turning it 90 degrees next time i fill up see if that works. It will even click out when the trigger is half pressed sometimes :/

If in doubt... Flat Out!!

I don't see why you're all having such difficulty with 'easy-fuel' lol. Stick the nozzle in fully and let it hang so its roughly horizontal, then full flow for about 45 litres (Mk2.5 Focus) and it clicks off when full. Haven't had any problems with it myself lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club