Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford "recommend"

DaveTheDog

Dropped the car off this morning for a second service, now covered 13K
I was advised by the service department that "Ford recommend" that the brake fluid is replaced.

I had a look out the window but wasn't sure if I could see any pigs flying.

Sounded a bit premature for a car that hasn't reached its second birthday yet, so I said NO.

Is this a necessary recommendation or have I escaped having my pants pulled down?

I've been told this as well by my local dealership, seems somewhat annoying to be servicing a car approx 6weeks before picking up a new one (different dealership) but when it's due it's due *shrugs*.

Tbh at the cost already being 193 odd quids, I'll probably end up refusing it too

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Second service at 13k? I only had my 2nd service at 19k odd lol but back to subject my oil got changed but no brake fluid .... Check ford Etis bud

I always get brake fluid changed every other year.

Otherwise the pedal goes spongy

Might be wrong but I thought a major service does cover break fluid draining and replacing?

Might be wrong but I thought a major service does cover break fluid draining and replacing?

It usually does, but is still considered optional

As in it is not required to maintain warranty, etc.

193quid ? Really! My last service (2nd) was £120

Yep 193 odd quids, bsm

Bet they screw up stamping the service book too, annoys me when there's set spaces for each and every service stamp and they stamp just anywhere they feel like

2nd service is supposed to include the paint check too, for fords anti perforation guarantee or something

It usually does, but is still considered optional

As in it is not required to maintain warranty, etc.

I see, personally I would change it on 13k.. If it doesn't void warranty it's easy and cheap enough to do it yourself

Strange but maybe because I and my family go to the same garage we get a discount but I did ask him how much he usually charges n am sure he said £160 tops usually

Is it a branded dealership?

Naw but he is Ford approved and been going to him for years (actually right behind Evans Halshaw Ford and attached to them) used to be called rapid fit mines is called tyre kings now

Just look for your nearest one and ask them for a quote there good mate!

I'd go for a second opinion somewhere else, had my car in for a service, it's not a brand new car or anything, 5 years old, ford dealer "Recommended" a full disk and pad brake change and everyone said to me "ohh its just recommended" and that they were just doing it to get money out of you. Went for a second opinion elsewhere, and it actually did need to be done.

so i've learnt that its never bad to get a second opinion because that Recommendation might actually be genuine

I called bsm, to check and they wanted another £40 quids to do this extra job, they advised though it is recommended its not 100% you have to do it when I explained I'm only keeping car another 6weeks after service date

Yeh Bristol street motors, can't say I recommend them, but they're the nearest dealership in my area, as it goes I travel 10 miles + to get to them

I wouldn't go to them mate that's where I bought my car from (Macklin motors up here) but there prices were pure robbing material for servicing! Think they put higher prices so you do the pay monthly thing

No worries mate hopefully cheaper for you guys the ones that are up here are great

• Like 1

Just got the car back from the Stealership £195.00 lighter but they have done a cracking job of cleaning the car inside and out.

Thanks again paramanic, I called ford mc this morning to check about potentially invalidating warranty (and it won't provided they use ford parts), so I've booked myself in at my favourite tyre and service shop in gloucester (about 12+ miles away from me!) and am going to save myself nearly 70 quids in the process (£125)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club