Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Rear Passenger Side Wheel Bearing Gone??? Hellpp!!!

bevrobbo88

Driving back from the gym tday went over a few humps im the road... Then suddenly heard a grinding noise like metal on metal... As i turned left at end of the road it got a little louder... Pulled up by nearest shop and it was very loud!! Loud enough for people to stare!! so i stopped looked under car nothing hanging loose... Went to pull off and heard an almighty scraping metal noise stopped looked under car... Nothing!!! Any help please

If it was me i would contact a local garage for someone to have a look or take it but if in a quiet road drive a little and open door or have someone to observe to make sure but would take it to garage Defo

Im taking it to a garage in half hour family friends garage... See what he says

Yeah well keep us in the loop :) and sorry to hear this if it is but am sure you would be able to get it changed easy :)

U reckon it will be expensive job?

Not too sure but ma mate had this done on his mk6 fiesta and just went to a breakers and his local garage a can't remember how much it cost but a don't think it was too expensive considering you can get brand new wheel bearings for 70 from fordpartsuk but sound of metal scrapping aswell could be something to do with a bad spring Or drum brakes but sounds like bearing tho

Well ill keep you updated.. Off to the garage in a min

Well back from garage and the sound is gone!! He drove it for bout 15mins uphill down hill round the bend lol everywhere basically. Checked the break pads aswell, said he cant fond anythnk and if it starts bring it straight in... Sooo gimgers crossed.. He said could of been a stone or grit that got between the plates but its cleared now

• Like 1

A was just about to write about stone or grit because of our weather there when you said it has gone lol well the way i think is if I think of the worst nothing worse can happen so all good after that lol

Yhh so im jst gna see how it goes lol.. Hopefully it was grit.. And its sorted itself out!! Thanks for your replies x

Yeah no worries anytime! Seeya round in the forum :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club