Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong Alloy Wheel Suggestions

macleod92

Hi,

So about 6 months ago I bought a Ford Fiesta Mk7 Titanium (2010). Since then I have had wheels buckle three times!

Each time I've had the wheels replaced at quite a high cost. Last time my mechanic suggested I look at getting steel wheels if it happened again.

Recently I hit a small pot hole and immediately my steering wheel started vibrating again. It's worth noting that this is always the extent of the problem. Not so bad I can see the buckle but I get a definite vibration through the wheel, especially at higher speeds.

Steel wheels don't seem as easy to come by as my mechanic suggested. However there are plenty of alloy options.

Basically what I'm after is some suggestions of some strong wheels that aren't going to buckle after every small bump and aren't going to break my bank. I live in the United Kingdom country side and the roads aren't always amazing and as much as I do my best to avoid pot holes occasionally there is nothing I can do (latest one was submerged).

That being said the 2008 Fiesta I drove for three years never had any problems with its wheels.

I've attached a photo of the wheels I currently have.

Thanks in advanced for any help. I really like this car but the constant wheel issues are a nightmare and really make me regret buying it.

post-56281-0-41242200-1420637247_thumb.j

I heard some of them do that on the no 7 but 'll 7.5 ones are strong check breakers like hills motors has a mk7.5 titanium wheels for sale but if you want different I would look on blackcircles and alloy sites and check reviews am sure a few people on here could recommend wheels too

I have a titanium 2011,is it only the titanium alloys (what you show ) that are this bad as i have hit holes and nothing

on these zetec s alloys what was on the car when i had it 3 months ago.

Hi,

So about 6 months ago I bought a Ford Fiesta Mk7 Titanium (2010). Since then I have had wheels buckle three times!

Each time I've had the wheels replaced at quite a high cost. Last time my mechanic suggested I look at getting steel wheels if it happened again.

Recently I hit a small pot hole and immediately my steering wheel started vibrating again. It's worth noting that this is always the extent of the problem. Not so bad I can see the buckle but I get a definite vibration through the wheel, especially at higher speeds.

Steel wheels don't seem as easy to come by as my mechanic suggested. However there are plenty of alloy options.

Basically what I'm after is some suggestions of some strong wheels that aren't going to buckle after every small bump and aren't going to break my bank. I live in the United Kingdom country side and the roads aren't always amazing and as much as I do my best to avoid pot holes occasionally there is nothing I can do (latest one was submerged).

That being said the 2008 Fiesta I drove for three years never had any problems with its wheels.

I've attached a photo of the wheels I currently have.

Thanks in advanced for any help. I really like this car but the constant wheel issues are a nightmare and really make me regret buying it.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Steel wheels are dead easy to come by should you choose that route, any breakers yard would have a shed load as would a ford dealer (albeit at a much higher cost!)

I have heard the mk7 alloys had a habit of being made of cheese (also heard with the exception of the zetec wheels for some strange reason?) and were prone to buckling, which is why on my new car (15 plate mk7.5 fiesta), I'm keeping the wheels that come with it and just getting them painted. What I would do is consider mk7.5 wheels which are apparently made stronger than cheese, or mk7 zetec wheels.

I too live in the sticks and narrow bumpy roads are the norm around here, hence I put in (and am still putting in) a lot of research into this one

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Thanks for the replies everyone. Excuse my ignorance, but I'm struggling to find a place where I could find wheels like those mentioned above. Also can't find anywhere the specifies mk7.5 or mk7 zetec wheels. Everywhere either talks about Mk7 wheels or it's just a number of brands that I've never heard of. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks again for the help!

Just send a email to hills and they will give you a quote or phone partmart for wheels from fiesta Zs (call them as they never reply to a message from email ) btw this is where I got my spoiler from partmart

If you look in the Fiesta price list you'll see all the sizes of wheels that Ford use, for both steel and alloy wheels. You could use those to figure out what size you want, and then shop around for the best prices. As long as the wheel will fit then you could buy pretty much anything.

Fordpartsuk are good for discounted brand new official ford parts: http://www.fordpartsuk.com

Mk7 zetec wheels are available from them here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_alloy_wheel_15_x_6_8_spoke_design_silver_f_1495706_c_416.htm

Mk7.5 zetec wheels are these: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_alloy_wheel_15_x_6_5_x_2_spoke_design_sparkle_silver_f_1817616_c_1103.htm

Though as suggested any mk7.5 wheel should be stronger, so look for the facelift breaking or get to know their wheels, they're usually listed as either a mk7.5 or a mk8

The mk7 zetec wheels are all over eBay all the time as people upgrade (the zetec was and still is a popular trim)

As an example here's a set painted black: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK7-MK8-Zetec-15-Alloy-Wheels-195-50R15-/261724851589?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item3cf0044d85

And another example: bear in mind sellers tend to split up sales into individual lots: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/Ford-Fiesta-15-Alloy-Wheel-2008-Onwards-MK6-MK7-MK8-8-Spoke-1008/281537298927?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p2050601.c100103.m2451&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140721095842%26meid%3D55ff7fdba12c4ef78c2d593f7cf89d75%26pid%3D100103%26prg%3D20140721095842%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D281537298927%26clkid%3D3194196111429472675&_qi=RTM1889398

And so on...

Thanks for all the help! That is all really useful.

Would those black rims have been painted then? I can't find any black versions from Ford and obviously the worry is with that, that I would struggle to find a matching rim if I was to have any issues down the line.

I accept nobody will know about those exact wheels. My question is just if anyone knows if Ford sells them already in black?

Thanks again. You're all being very helpful.

The black rims have been painted, ford sell them in sparkle silver but they can be colour match painted any colour of your choice / matched to existing wheels if you bought a set for example already painted and if you needed a replacement by any wheel refurbisher/ painter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This thread is a good read,never new this about the alloys,good job the person before had the up-grade

on mine to the 17'' Zs ones.

Agree with the above. This has all been amazingly helpful. Thank you all very much.

One last question, if I got the black painted rims.. how easy is it to strip the paint off them, if down the line that was what I wanted to do?

If you wanted silver (or any other colour for that matter) rims it's dead easy, though having done it myself I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself iykwim ;)

Just take them along to any wheel refurbisher / painter and they'd be able to paint them back up in any colour of your choosing, inc fords original sparkle silver

Sorry to be back annoying you all again. I just have another question.

How can I recognise Mk7.5 Fiesta parts? I'm sure I'm just being an idiot, but I can't find any mention of them and no way of distinguishing their parts.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

If you mean their wheels, each trim has its own although for some reason (probably best kept to themselves) ford parts have mixed them up, so I'm not surprised you're having difficulty tbh.

I saw a mk7 around here recently in morello cherry with mk7.5 titanium wheels on, and it looked lovely, these are those wheels

post-54862-142116577579_thumb.jpg

There's a set here, quite why they've listed them as zetec who knows

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281557402401?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Right, okay. So is there a list somewhere which shows which relates to which?

As with all the replies above, I'm trying to find a stronger wheel than the ones I have currently on my 2010 Fiesta Titanium which has wheels made of cheese.

So what are these likely to be for example considering they are listed as Mk9 which I wasn't sure actually existed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-MK9-NEW-FACELIFT-SHAPE-15-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-TYRES-/331442429212?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item4d2b821d1c

Right, okay. So is there a list somewhere which shows which relates to which?

As with all the replies above, I'm trying to find a stronger wheel than the ones I have currently on my 2010 Fiesta Titanium which has wheels made of cheese.

So what are these likely to be for example considering they are listed as Mk9 which I wasn't sure actually existed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-MK9-NEW-FACELIFT-SHAPE-15-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-TYRES-/331442429212?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item4d2b821d1c

Ford.co.uk is good for getting to know them all

I don't know why they list it as a mk9, as you say this marque doesn't even exist, but they're titanium wheels as shown previously

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a really good look around their website and I'm still struggling to find a list of past cars/ components. All I can find is there new stuff. Any suggestions?

Do you think that even if those are Titanium wheels they'll be okay (assuming their mk7.5/ 8)?

Sorry for all the annoying questions, I just really can't afford to have wheels buckling again!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a really good look around their website and I'm still struggling to find a list of past cars/ components. All I can find is there new stuff. Any suggestions?

Do you think that even if those are Titanium wheels they'll be okay (assuming their mk7.5/ 8)?

Sorry for all the annoying questions, I just really can't afford to have wheels buckling again!

Mk7.5 wheels will fit on a mk7 no problem, in fact same goes for all marque fiesta wheels afaik, as far as buckling nothing, not even steels, will be 100% foolproof but they should prove stronger than what you've been using prior

Past cars won't be on the ford website, I assumed you were asking which alloys fit which trims on the 7.5

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry to still be noobing out over this.

What's the opinion on these wheels? Would they be okay do we think? I'm just paranoid of what anyone on eBay says about what car they actually came from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK9-ALLOY-WHEELS-SET-OF-4-ZETEC-15-INCH-GOODYEAR-TYRES-2014-/331461919687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2cab83c7

Thanks again to everyone!

Jamie

They're off a 7.5 zetec, the next one up to my 7.5 zetec if that makes sense. My wheels are similar but not the same mines a 2013, I'd say they're off a 2014

They are off a MK7 ( MK7 . 5 ) facelift Fiesta Zetec - probably 2013 year

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club