Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Esso

laumk7

Are all esso garages owned by Tesco now or something? I popped into a esso garage I'd never been to before, no little Tescos attached just a run of the mill garage shop thingy, fill up pop in to be greet by Tesco uniform and a request for my clubcard! :o

Now don't get me wrong I'm not anti Tesco, in fact I do all my shopping there, but this threw me completely

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The staff member might be working 2 jobs and not changed yet, and asked you for wrong card lol

I was sick of Shell Garage asking if I had a Drivers Club Card,

so I got one just to shut them up, I have it out before they even ask ha ha.

I'm sick of them asking if I'm interested in 2 for £2 and stuff like that! No otherwise I would have picked it up!

I really don't like a Tesco, lol. My mum uses Esso as its our nearest and cheapest, and she uses the points for our shopping. (Although 80% of the time we go to Waitrose and Sainsbury's)

When I filled up and paid the other day in Esso, (yes my mum was driving ;) ) the cashier didn't have a Tesco uniform on.

The staff member might be working 2 jobs and not changed yet, and asked you for wrong card lol

Staff in my local Shell are blind I think... I walk in clearly holding the Shell card in my hand in clear view (plus they're yellow) and they're still always like "Do you have a drivers club card?" lol.

My local Esso station has a Tesco Express shop attatched - they're taking over - there are 2 other Tesco's within 2 miles, one is massive.

Our local Esso now takes Clubcards too, although they don't explicitly ask for them (at least, not when I've went in to pay) so if you forget to hand one over then you miss out.

That actually happened yesterday after spending £52 filling the tank up (pretty cheap though, thanks to 108.9 per litre) which resulted in me being mildly peed off.

The local Esso here is a little Tesco too - I tend to avoid it, it's bad when work's vending machine works out cheaper :blink:

Lol same here, I got the card thinking I would save some money, I think on V-Power you save about 1p per litre so it's barely worth the effort of scanning the card.