Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over Fuelling

Si paul

Hi all. I have a 1995 fiesta 1600 Zetec si that has started to run very rich ie smoke it looks to me like it has some sort of early egr in the form of air vac system? I've been told that this could be at fault. It's pre 16 pin dlc so am unable to run a scan on it. Just wondering if any of you can through some light on the fault before I take it to a garage? It's only done 46k and engine is sweet and not burning oil. Cheers Paul.

Check the engine temperature sensor and the lambda sensor for the catalytic converter first.

Engine temp good all the way up to when cooling fan cuts in, plan on checking O2 sensor tomorrow but don't think it will be this as is over fueling real bad and in my experience 02 sensor wouldn't make it as bad as it is. Thanks for the reply.

20yrs old and has only done 46k if that's genuine miles then ouch! sounds like my first car, started on the ball every time until the day it started having issues, same as I guess a car that's done too many miles would do, started with smoke, then Mayo in the filler cap, then the car wouldn't run at all and flooded, then I got rid of it so I don't know what happened next

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Lol filler clean engine not breathing heavy and running spot on with slight rough idle due to to much fuel I guess. Plugs are blackened.