Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Fog Light Removal??

Brigante

Can someone please tell me how to do this??

2 screws from underneath to loosen, there are holes to get screwdriver in to unscrew them, then a thin metal ruler or simular inserted at top between fog lamp surround and bumper, that releases fog lamp, may need to unplug fog lamp from underneath if lamp assy wont come out far enough to unplug .

so there are holes in the engine undertray to to access the screws?

what screwderiver does it require?

Cant remember the screw type, either philips or torqs, been 12 months since done last one, forgot to say but theres 2 clips you need to fight with using ruler or the like, if your changing the lamp you will see where they are on new lamp, changing bulb though doesnt require removal

i just want to change the bulbs

i went to change them the way i would on the focus, removing the headlights and simply reaching down

but when i went to do this on the mondeo i discovered that the washer bottle was in the way

If all your doingbis changing bulbs thennj6st remove the front plastic iunder trim

how do i remove that exactly?

Think its 4 8mm headed screws on either side and a couple of clips in the middle of front under trim, stick your head underneath front bumper and you should see them all

you mean i actually need to remove the under engine cover?

No, Not the one that hides the engine and gearbox, the one further forward that hides the bottom of radiator.

would it not be easier to remove the whole fog surrounds rather then remove the big cover underneath?

That trim takes all of 2 mins to remove, up to you which way you do it .

can i do it without getting on my back with my head under the car?

if you need the guidance mate, I can try dig out my Haynes manual and send you an "interpretation" of it (as we dont do copyright breach and all :p

would you be able to take any photos of the actual screws in question on your own car that need loosening?

been looking for ages and cant fathom where there are

I would love to help mate but with my back as it is I'm finding it impossible to do basic things, so getting under the car is almost impossible. If I was in a better state I would certainly give it a go.

No worries.

Would anyone else be able to take a clear photo for me?

I have found 2 8mm bolts either side that are directly under each fog housing?, but for how short they are i think they are just for the under tray as theres a fair distance between the tray n the fog housing

I think ive heard there should be 2 holes in the undetray to thread up a tool to the screws but i can only feel 1 n ive aimed the video recorder up there to see what i can see and just looks like a mess of wires

• 1 month later...

after a faff i managed to change the driverside bulb but gave up on trying to do the passenger as its way to fiddly trying to thread a ratchet extension bar up the hole to feel for the screw

when i finally get a dry day i'm gonna park on a high kerb and stick my head underneath so i can actually see what i'm doing

When I changed my dogs I took the under trays off. A lot easier than trying to faff on through the pre-cut holes. Only takes a few mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

is it easily removed and replaced without getting underneeth the car though?

is it easily removed and replaced without getting underneeth the car though?

No mate... I did it with the front end hanging off a kurb with the wheels on pavement.

But you will have to get on your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yup thats what I thought I was gonna have to do

I'm just waiting for a dry day so I can get on me back cause its just been raining none stop lateiy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club