Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A 56 year old nun was fined for doing 180 kph on an Italian freeway

RIIIDAA

http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=15239

A 56 year old nun was fined for doing 180 kilometres per hour on an Italian freeway. She told police she was anxious to be by Pope Benedict's side after his fall.

The Guardian reported the three Salesian nuns had jumped into the Ford Fiesta from Turin on Friday and were rushing to the area near Aosta where the pontiff is spending his summer holiday. He suffered a fall in the bath on Thursday night.

The two passenger religious sisters were aged 65 and 78.

"The police were shocked to find three nuns of a certain age in the Fiesta," confessed the nun who was a the wheel, identified only as AM. "But we were afraid of getting there late. I know you shouldn't go so fast, but the news of his Holiness's injury had made us truly anxious."

The police chose not to forgive the nun, pointing out that she was 48 kilometres per hour over the limit. They suspended her licence for a month and issued a 375 euros ($660) fine. Another of the nuns took over the driving, the Examiner reported.

But AM is a "determined sort", said her lawyer, Anna Orecchioni, according to The Guardian.

"She is planning to appeal and we think we can invoke the 'state of necessity' ruling in the law that allows speeding," Orecchioni said.

Orecchioni has become a point of reference for members of the religious community in trouble with traffic police, The Guardian said. She is defending a priest stopped for drink driving who claimed communion wine he sipped at four consecutive masses pushed him over the limit.

i wonder if she had a zetec-s....

i bet she opted for the titaininun

i really am that funny!

i bet she opted for the titaininun

i really am that funny!

You been thinking that up all day? :lol:

it was thought up and typed within seconds actually!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club