Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Interior Bulbs

Phil 87

I got these from HIDs Direct for the front courtesy light:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-264-festoon-12v-44mm-super-white-xenon-effect-bulbs-2-bulbs/

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-501-w5w-xenon-effect-super-white-bulbs-sidelights-2-bulbs/

I don't know if the 44mm Festoon will fit but might give it a try today. I just need to know how do you get at the bulbs, is there a good guide on here?

Fiesta are very easy to get to the interior bulbs mate! Ive made a massive post on this thread about the best bulbs keep going on that post to see all the pics
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/61404-spend-my-money-for-me/

to get the interior light out all i did was put a flat head into the front of it and lever it out comes out very easy for the bulbs your using (they are 501) if you get led from WardenJP (links in that thread) they are little larger but worth it! so you take off the plastic cover off too which is very easy too little fiddley to get it back on but dont stress and take your time

And do you take out just the part with the bulbs and the switch, or the whole plastic cover around it?

Well depends what bulbs if bulbs are same size as a 501 you just twist on the back and pull it out like what it says in manual but if you get led from wardenjp just pull plastic off from front with a flat head but take ur time not to break it be patient

Is it just the transparent cover that needs to come off like in this video:

I know that's the MK6 but I assume it's similar. I just want to be sure before I go and break something lol.

Edit: It was similar to that, the transparant cover comes off easily, and I just used a trim tool.

yours will be the same as that but the full unit comes out not just the lense cover at first then you dont have to remove the lens (clear plastic) if you have normal sized bulbs but if you have larger bulbs you will have to remove it

Ok cheers I'll have a go. Chances are the festoon won't fit but it's worth a try.

yeah it wont fit.................its a 501 bulb

these are good LED Bulbs and comes in different colours
12led15.jpg

From warden jp and if you check the link i gave you it will have all the different links

All done, that took some effort lol. I had to bend the contacts back to get the festoon in but it worked. The map lights are 501s and those were a :censored: to get out, had to use needle nose pliers with a cloth over then ends just to grip the little bulbs. Here's a pic, but my phone camera is hopeless in low light:

post-39031-0-41754900-1421082971_thumb.j

Still need to do the footwell bulbs and rear courtesy lights which are all 501s aren't they?

Yeah mate foot wells are so easy! And what you mean by festoon? There isn't a festooned inside a fiesta as far as I know there all 501

The St uses festoon and 501 each side, different light unit.

• Like 1

The St uses festoon and 501 each side, different light unit.

Didn't know that

Ordered some more of these: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-501-w5w-xenon-effect-super-white-bulbs-sidelights-2-bulbs/

Just going for white all round, will see how it looks but I might end up going for LEDs in the end. Which reminds me I need a really bright white 501 LED for the boot, any recommendations? I hear the Cree ones are good.

I got Philips blue vision 501s for my regi

I got Philips blue vision 501s for my regi

I used the 501s that came with the CrystalVision H7s which give off a similar white light. I think these Mtec 501s are a bit too white, almost have a blue tint compared to the festoon, but will see how they look when I have them all round.

Edit: and by boot I meant inside the boot ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club