Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy Titanium 2014, Front And Rear Headlamps Always On.

veridion

Hi All

I have a shiny new Gord Galaxy Titanium Edition 2014. I have noticed that the front and rear headlamps always stay on when the ignition is on. It is supposed to have auto sensing headlights when is where the knob is set to. Even if I move the knob to manual "0" position, the lights still stay on. ( The dash lights go off in the position). I took it back to the dealer and was told those are the running lights but that sounds like nonsense to me.

Anybody know if he's right, will I always have to drive around with my lights on? (and let me clear, they are not the small types of running lights, it is the main headlamps were talking about). There are loads of Galaxys on the road but I have not seen any with headlamps on during the day on any of them.

Hope someone can shed some light (sorry, couldn't resist)

Imran

im sure ive read somewhere that on certain cars the running lights are shared,rather then actually installing all the tech to have stand alone running lights they went for the easier option?

And im sure I read something about the latest smax and galaxy having headlamps on all the time. Salesman could be right, ring another ford dealer and ask the question if you think your dealer wrong.

Hi All

I have a shiny new Gord Galaxy Titanium Edition 2014. I have noticed that the front and rear headlamps always stay on when the ignition is on. It is supposed to have auto sensing headlights when is where the knob is set to. Even if I move the knob to manual "0" position, the lights still stay on. ( The dash lights go off in the position). I took it back to the dealer and was told those are the running lights but that sounds like nonsense to me.

Anybody know if he's right, will I always have to drive around with my lights on? (and let me clear, they are not the small types of running lights, it is the main headlamps were talking about). There are loads of Galaxys on the road but I have not seen any with headlamps on during the day on any of them.

Hope someone can shed some light (sorry, couldn't resist)

Imran

Isit the dipped beam that stays on?

I suspect its called daytime running lights, alternatively if you have the light sensor it may be faulty causing the lights to stay on?

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late for a further reply - but I've only recently joined this forum.

The latest price list for the Galaxy show DRLs as an optional extra and they are a dealer fit... they look like a strip of leds just beneath the foglamps.

I was quite surprised to find our 2013 Galaxy Titanium X came without led DRLs. (I was quite looking forward to dazzling others like I find many DRLs seem to do to me ;) )

You seem to have a fault with the auto headlamps... OR perhaps the car has been set up as for countries that demand dipped beam lights are on at all times (like Volvos) in error? In any case it calls for a visit to the dealers imho.

no,it was a bit of lack of decent customer handover when he picked it up. what he described is how they are. ive looked into these headlight set ups.

no,it was a bit of lack of decent customer handover when he picked it up. what he described is how they are. ive looked into these headlight set ups.

Odd... it's not mentioned in the handbook and the handbook is the same one for my Galaxy's build date http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Owners-Manual?selectedYear=2014&selectedModel=Galaxy

My December 2013 2.2 Titanium X does not have any lights on all the time in the daytime.

I reckon it might be a dealer settable option intended for countries like Sweden selected in error? Unless the UK law has changed to require this now and Ford have not updated the books?

But modern DRLs are typically leds (saving engine power/emissions) and on the front only!

thats because its a 2013 you got, manual probably hasnt been updated since the new lights came out around aug/sept time 2014, there a simular set up to the new transits headlights with drl

• 9 months later...

I finally found time to take this into the dealer ( a different one from the one I bought it from (Hounslow) and they simply reprogrammed it and it now works as you would expect it to. The tech at the Hounslow garage told me they were supposed to be on all the time, whereas the Alperton guys said that's nonsense.

• 3 years later...

Hi

I am at Evans Halshaw in Altrincham and having been told by GED on the service desk that the perminant lights are the standard on my model of Galaxy (15 Reg). The O on the light switch to me should be OFF. As I don't want to be obvious if parked up with the lights ON. People become suspicious of you and it drains the Car battery.

After Googleing I found this site and used the previous entry to show the Senior Sales Manager, after some discussion on lights being peminantly on he agreed to speak with the tech people. They have 45 years experience at the showroom.

Update: There is something on the Ford Dealers Web Site. However for a newer body style.

"I have noticed that the front and rear headlamps"

Strange that, rear headlights? … I wouldn't want to be behind you on a night time as I'd be truly dazzled, might even think someone was driving directly at me and take evasive action. (stop for a Costa coffee lol).

Sorry 😞

• 1 year later...

Hi I have the same trouble with my 07 smax light switch is off but head lamps and rear are on dip.. which means at night I cannot put them of full beam as they just stay on dip.. I have replaced the switch but they are still on.. the rear occasion they do go off.. (in dry sunny conditions)  they then work on switch and flash on switch again... help....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club