Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Hid Kit - Mk7.5 Zs

gje2403

Hi all,

I've been looking at getting a HID Kit for my fiesta and as there are a few to choose from, I was wandering if anyone had any recommendations for a decent set to get, as I don't mind paying the price for a decent kit

this are what just fitted very bright indeed.http://www.hids4u.co.uk/H7-55w-Ultimate-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-H7ULT3.html

well made heavy ballast not cheapo Chinese, they are made for them in Korea i believe.

just gone out of stock again i see.as quick as they get them in stock they sell out !!

I have the 35w 6000k HID's and would love to know if anyone can really see a difference between the 35w and the 55w's? I used www.violetelectronics.co.za and can honestly say they were very helpfull and the product has been great with no problems

I bought a cheapo eBay set a while back and they buzzed / hummed really badly so I ditched them and bought the HID's 4 u Ultra kit 55w and it's the best thing I've done, the light is much sharper and agreed the ballasts feel like a quality piece of kit

I bought a cheapo ebay set a while back and they buzzed / hummed really badly so I ditched them and bought the HID's 4 u Ultra kit 55w and it's the best thing I've done, the light is much sharper and agreed the ballasts feel like a quality piece of kit

thats what i have in now just need to rotate the H7 bulbs somehow to stop the shadows.like you say feels quaility compared with some and the light output is immense

thats what i have in now just need to rotate the H7 bulbs somehow to stop the shadows.like you say feels quaility compared with some and the light output is immense

Good good! What do you mean by the shadows?

I bought a 55W HID Kit from

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/

Here is a comparison I did with halogen vs 4300K 55W HID Kit

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/59971-4300k-hid-vs-halogen/

I changed to 5000K which IMO gives even better visibility but doesn't look too blue.

• 4 years later...
On 1/12/2015 at 11:11 PM, ninja_geezer said:

this are what just fitted very bright indeed.http://www.hids4u.co.uk/H7-55w-Ultimate-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-H7ULT3.html

well made heavy ballast not cheapo Chinese, they are made for them in Korea i believe.

just gone out of stock again i see.as quick as they get them in stock they sell out !!

Just wondering if you needed the relay harness and where abouts did you fit the ballasts? 

Thanks

Yeah, they're just coloured halogens.

If you dont want to go HID just stick some Osram Nightbreakers in, they really do make a difference.

The coloured halogens from the eBay advert wouldn’t in theory pass an MOT as at that level of tiny, they won’t have the ECE legislation so they won’t be road legal. Whether the tester will check for that is another story. 

I would personally very strongly advise against fitting that level of tinted halogens as they’re simply dangerous. They offer a white light but don’t light up the road in front of you well at all, especially when it’s raining. 

Unfortunately you can’t really have a fully white and safe halogen bulb as the two simply don’t go together. 

I’d agree that Nightbreakers are good though. The light is a bit whiter (though still quite clearly yellowy) but the range and brightness is really good.

56 minutes ago, DG97 said:

The coloured halogens from the ebay advert wouldn’t in theory pass an MOT as at that level of tiny, they won’t have the ECE legislation so they won’t be road legal. Whether the tester will check for that is another story. 

I would personally very strongly advise against fitting that level of tinted halogens as they’re simply dangerous. They offer a white light but don’t light up the road in front of you well at all, especially when it’s raining. 

Unfortunately you can’t really have a fully white and safe halogen bulb as the two simply don’t go together. 

I’d agree that Nightbreakers are good though. The light is a bit whiter (though still quite clearly yellowy) but the range and brightness is really good.

Plenty of light is thrown out with mine or i would not use them,..

I’m only going on personal experience. When I used some before, they were simply dangerous and didn’t light up the road at all in the wet and dark and not amazingly well during a dry night either.

i will dig around for an article I read a while ago that compared the light output and each single bulb that had a blue filter had shocking output for heat spots which indicated minimal light being thrown out due to the blue filter

Watch out for aftermarket HIDs - they're technically an MOT fail if not OEM (I think the latest rules require HID-specific lenses, auto-levellers and washers).

Without projector lenses designed for HIDs they can be bright for oncoming traffic, so you'll find yourself getting flashed a lot too...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club