Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk. 7-The first 6 Months

ramonford

We will all find personel likes and dislike with our vehicles whether from the top of the range or the bottom, generally I am happy with my Fiesta but maybe Ford have gone over the top in some cost cutting, which should be looked at during their first face-lift.

1) Would prefer a temperature gauge for the engine, not just a light.

2) Petrol filling cover should lock.

3) prefer the wing mirrors where they used to be at the quarterlight in front of the window ( where they are now = rust traps like the old days)

4) Cabin noise I find excessive compared to my MK6.5 Fiesta, road tested by dealer, diagnosis = Tyre roar / rumble. even though Ford proclaim they have reduced it on this model?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ramonford

• RIIIDAA

• irononreverse

• Flic

Quite right, but in oder to do this the cars' battery needs to be charged in oder to allow you to operate the electric boot release button.

ramonford

Ahh, the car's battery. Fair point then I guess, though I can't really relate as I've never suffered a flat battery in my car.

2) Petrol filling cover should lock.

I have to say, even though it has it's special filling method I would still have preferred to have a key lock on mine. I'm guessing this is down to having keyless versions of the car.

I have to say, even though it has it's special filling method I would still have preferred to have a key lock on mine. I'm guessing this is down to having keyless versions of the car.

Meant to say should only be locked when the car is locked, no need for a key then.

Andy09 - loving your avitar m8 - thats is one stunning picture

Thanks, it was taken over at my parent's caravan only a couple of days after I'd picked it up. Couldn't stop staring at it all day :)

i dont agree with many of the points made. The only one that i would say kinda bothers me is the petrol cap not locking.

I've owned my MK7 Fiesta since early December 08, so this is my 8th month with the car. Yes there are a few problems with the car, but then no car is perfect. For the points you make, i personaly don't find them a huge problem however each person is different :) I've had some problems, such as the boot not unlocking but ford soon fixed this. But overall, the car is a great car which is very fun to drive while being easy on your wallet.

I understand everybody has their own views on how their own car works, and i think we should all respect the persons views on what they personally think of the car. Afterall, this is a public car forum :)

13) The total failure of Ford's firmware developers - skipping MP3 playback being the biggest niggle (MP3 isn't new and this isn't 1996: that's just not acceptable!).

14) No 'total closure' option when locking the car - this feature which rolls the windows up when the car is locked would have taken about 10 lines of code to implement.

15) No 'auto down and up' on the passenger door window: even my two year old poverty spec Corsa had that feature. Again - a few lines of code is all that would take.

16) The lack of configuration options - every aspect of this car is managed by the body control computer, yet there is no option to configure things like 'anti hijack locking'* or 'over-speed warning' - again, these were standard features on the Corsa D I had before it!

17) Lack of a standard fit switch to disable passenger airbag (Come on!!!) which you can have fitted after for £50.

18) The Dealer network. Arrrrghhh!!! Some are great and know what 'a firmware' or 'MP3 playback' is and others have no clue and really don't want to help.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car; but in terms of the on-board software it's a HUGE leap back from the very basic and cheaper Corsa I had two years ago. (It's better in every other respect though!)

Chris...

*Actually this can be configured - if you want to spend £60 at your Ford dealer having the car hooked to IDS!! On the Focus and Mondeo, you simply press a button combination on the dash and it's done; and on the KA it's part of the 'options' menu. Fiesta misses out big time.

I have no serious issues with my baby however, I would like the following on my car.

A temperature gauge. Just so I can see if the engine is overly hot.

The outside temperature should be displayed in the middle somewhere where other passengers can see it and not just by the steering wheel.

I have the 3 door version but it would have been nice if the back seat passengers could have a window to open!

Sunroof!

Apart from that I still love my little Fifi. :)

I have the 3 door version but it would have been nice if the back seat passengers could have a window to open!

Strange really - because that's one of the main reasons I ordered a 3-door version. I spend 98% of journeys

in my car on my own. I rarely have anyone sitting in the back seats - maybe once in a blue moon.

I don't want opening rear windows on my 3-door. Less wind/road noise. Less water penetration through the seals.

Better security from scumbags trying to get in. etc etc.

I love the feel of being 'cocooned' inside a car - where no one can suddenly yank open a back door...because there

aren't any! :)

No LED's - once bitten twice shy, why don't FMC fit a cover?

I am referring to the car battery, as you can unlock the car with a non-remote type of fob which does not have a battery. Charging the battery to open the boot is not always a viable option.

ramonford

Ahh, the car's battery. Fair point then I guess, though I can't really relate as I've never suffered a flat battery in my car.

Firstly what do you mean NO LED's, bitten how?? :(

Maybe FMC should have done a better job with the footwell lights but jesus wept, get over the fact that unless you built and designed your own car you'll always want something done a different way from factory build, be a car enthusiast and spend a fiver

on some LED's like most of us have...

Andy don't panda to him, the guy rants about not being able to open the boot to put sizable luggage in when it would be a !Removed! waste of time because he cant go anywhere as he has a flat battery???? :blink: :blink:

Firstly what do you mean NO LED's, bitten how?? :(

Maybe FMC should have done a better job with the footwell lights but jesus wept, get over the fact that unless you built and designed your own car you'll always want something done a different way from factory build, be a car enthusiast and spend a fiver

on some LED's like most of us have...

Andy don't panda to him, the guy rants about not being able to open the boot to put sizable luggage in when it would be a !Removed! waste of time because he cant go anywhere as he has a flat battery???? :blink: :blink:

The comment " No LED's refers to the fact that I don't have them fitted but would like to do so . Perhaps you could tell me how/where to obtain them." Thanks in advance.

"Once bitten " referred to my previous posting when I mentioned that my wife had burnt the back of her hand when searching through shopping. Perhaps it was no too clear but thats the answer.

Regarding the boot let me just say this . Many people with an automatic car carry a jump start power pack in the boot for emergency. Possibly in bad weather they leave the side lights on when leaving the car and returning to a flat battery. No trouble there's a power pack in the boot, if we could only get it open. Need I say any more. I know some will say - don't leave the lights on/ serves you right, but this doesn't solve the problem

ramonford

I think that's a little harsh, we are all entitled to our opinion. Yes, the majority of us here are Fiesta fanatics, but the world would be very boring if we all had the same opinions yes? I see this thread taking a bad turn if we all jump down his throat in such a way. Apologies if I misjudged your post, I hope you don't take offense.

I think that's a little harsh, we are all entitled to our opinion. Yes, the majority of us here are Fiesta fanatics, but the world would be very boring if we all had the same opinions yes? I see this thread taking a bad turn if we all jump down his throat in such a way. Apologies if I misjudged your post, I hope you don't take offense.

No offence taken flic, his comments just made my blood boil as it seemed he's spent his wedge buying the car and then never expects to spend a bean on it ever to cure iddy biddy niggles that are cheaply fixable. Plus you can't use putting something big in to the boot as a logical argument for why you need manual access if the battery has gone flat - where you gonna go with a dead battery. lol

The comment " No LED's refers to the fact that I don't have them fitted but would like to do so . Perhaps you could tell me how/where to obtain them." Thanks in advance.

"Once bitten " referred to my previous posting when I mentioned that my wife had burnt the back of her hand when searching through shopping. Perhaps it was no too clear but thats the answer.

Regarding the boot let me just say this . Many people with an automatic car carry a jump start power pack in the boot for emergency. Possibly in bad weather they leave the side lights on when leaving the car and returning to a flat battery. No trouble there's a power pack in the boot, if we could only get it open. Need I say any more. I know some will say - don't leave the lights on/ serves you right, but this doesn't solve the problem

ramonford

Ok

Yeah, I'll update this post with info on which style / type of LED's to go for based on my experience in a moment, no worries...

UPDATE

I got on best with these for light spread 2x 6 LED 501 W5W T10

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330306225439

my car is Squeeze hence the green.

He also has the same type in red, which would compliment the dash illumination for you http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-RED-6-LED-501-W5...3%3A1|294%3A200

I have seen them in white but i think they'd be overly bright IMO

ok to put the boot thing to rest:

12. There is no way to open the hatch should the battery go flat. Access can be gained by dropping the rear seat squabs, but this is not a satisfactory entry point for large luggage.

Admittedly you have now put forward a much more logical scenario to back up the gripe - indeed my dad carries one of those powerpacks in the boot of his manual shift car. Getting over the problem - I suggest you set your headlights to auto if scrambling to get at the rear seat access fills you with dread, my subaru has a boot release lever by the drivers seat so I know what you mean. Maybe something diy can be rigged up - not ideal but could be a neat project to ponder.

Ok

Yeah, I'll update this post with info on which style / type of LED's to go for based on my experience in a moment, no worries...

UPDATE

I got on best with these for light spread 2x 6 LED 501 W5W T10

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330306225439

my car is Squeeze hence the green.

He also has the same type in red, which would compliment the dash illumination for you http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-RED-6-LED-501-W5...3%3A1|294%3A200

I have seen them in white but i think they'd be overly bright IMO

ok to put the boot thing to rest:

12. There is no way to open the hatch should the battery go flat. Access can be gained by dropping the rear seat squabs, but this is not a satisfactory entry point for large luggage.

Admittedly you have now put forward a much more logical scenario to back up the gripe - indeed my dad carries one of those powerpacks in the boot of his manual shift car. Getting over the problem - I suggest you set your headlights to auto if scrambling to get at the rear seat access fills you with dread, my subaru has a boot release lever by the drivers seat so I know what you mean. Maybe something diy can be rigged up - not ideal but could be a neat project to ponder.

Thank you " RIIIDAA' for the links you have provided - most helpful I will check them out and see if I can still get them.

It would appear that I have unintentionally pressed all the wrong buttons and upset a lot of folks with my posting. I am sorry if this is the case it was not what I set out to do.

My wife, who also drives this car, is registered disable and there are problems which confront her which may well be considered small to others. So climbing across back seats etc. would not be an option.

But enough of that, and so as not to cause any more ongoing difficulties, I am willing to take down all my postings in this thread as a sign of good intention and hopefully remove any ill feelings that may exist if "RIIIDAA" would like me to do so.

I like this forum very much and do not want to be regarded as a trouble maker and one who tries to upset people inadvertently.

ramonford

ramonford

I don't think there should be any need to take your comments down, they're all perfectly valid and it's always good to see both the good and bad sides. Besides, we all need somewhere to vent once in a while

The positioning of the dial for the lights does annoy me somewhat. I tend to accidentally turn my wipers on when fumbling for them.

Also, that !Removed! mode button on the steering wheel! According to the manual, it's meant to answer calls but mine only seems to hang up. Has anyone else had this issue?

But enough of that, and so as not to cause any more ongoing difficulties, I am willing to take down all my postings in this thread as a sign of good intention and hopefully remove any ill feelings that may exist if "RIIIDAA" would like me to do so.

Don't! I also think every one of the points you raised is COMPLETLY valid. Hopefully, someone from Ford might take notice one day and it'll lead to improvment. A geninue 'non-fanboy' approach to reviewing the first six months of ownership, by an actual owner, is to me fascinating reading and tells a lot more than the garbage you'll read in the motoring mags and on TV.

EVERY new car has its teething problems /design errors - which would never be overcome if no one ever pointed them out, hey?

Others don't agree - tough.

Chris...

My wife, who also drives this car, is registered disable and there are problems which confront her which may well be considered small to others. So climbing across back seats etc. would not be an option.

Dude I never said it was easy (I am in a wheelchair myself) you simply got me agitated with wanting to put big luggage in the boot of a dead car, lol

I still find most of your comments overly critical considering you liked the car enough to order it, but there's no need to remove your postings, the elec window thing someone else posted about is IMO more of a bug bare than say point 12 in my eyes - I do think if you had posted as a pro's and con's rather than just the bad stuff then you'd have had less defensive replys. On that note it's nice to see so many peeps stepping forward to be protective of the mk7

I don't think there should be any need to take your comments down, they're all perfectly valid and it's always good to see both the good and bad sides. Besides, we all need somewhere to vent once in a while

The positioning of the dial for the lights does annoy me somewhat. I tend to accidentally turn my wipers on when fumbling for them.

Also, that !Removed! mode button on the steering wheel! According to the manual, it's meant to answer calls but mine only seems to hang up. Has anyone else had this issue?

The washing machine style headlight dial is something common place on vauxhalls, never liked em myself either - thankfully I can forget about it most of the time what with auto lights - turning the fogs on while trying to drive is made risky though...

the M button answers calls alright on my n95 but you literally just need to give it the quickest of dabs, pushing to long is recognised as a double input I think, what phone do you have?

This is my first Ford and have just clocked up six months. Its a great wee car though think the fuel flap should lock and think that point 10...about the low profile tyres is valid...i also note how the road test reports rave about the refinement of the Fiesta. I think my car kicks up a lot of road noise through the low profile tyres on anything other than smooth tarmac.... It may be worse as mine is a 3 door as you dont have the structure of the rear doors to help shut out the noise...but i dont think its as quiet as i was led to believe.

The washing machine style headlight dial is something common place on vauxhalls, never liked em myself either - thankfully I can forget about it most of the time what with auto lights - turning the fogs on while trying to drive is made risky though...

the M button answers calls alright on my n95 but you literally just need to give it the quickest of dabs, pushing to long is recognised as a double input I think, what phone do you have?

I have a Sony Ericsson W880. The phonebook works and I can answer using button 1 on the central console but never with the M button. I'll give it a test with your advice, thanks.

This is my first Ford and have just clocked up six months. Its a great wee car though think the fuel flap should lock and think that point 10...about the low profile tyres is valid...i also note how the road test reports rave about the refinement of the Fiesta. I think my car kicks up a lot of road noise through the low profile tyres on anything other than smooth tarmac.... It may be worse as mine is a 3 door as you dont have the structure of the rear doors to help shut out the noise...but i dont think its as quiet as i was led to believe.

As you were lead to believe? Did you not test drive the car before you purchased it? The amount of road noise is really quite subjective - what a motoring journalist thinks is 'not much' may be very different from yourself. Re the rear doors, I would say that your 3 door is more solid at the back, not less so.

I have the same issue with mine. I told them this when i had it in for its courtesy check, they reset the system for me but the problem still exists <_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club