Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep Losing Coolant Mk2 Focus

klloyd89

hello i realised about 4 weeks ago my car had no coolant left so i refilled to max line and this morning i discovered my car having no heat from heater and a burning smell so i checked and i have none again,

i have checked the footwell's and i have no leaks inside the car, so would that rule out the heater matrix? what else might it be? might it be the water pump need replacing?

any help would be hugely grateful

Check the thermostat area and the water pipes, make sure there are no leaks, I found on my Mondy that the thermostat housing was leaking from a bad seal. Also if you dont have any evidence of a leak, then try replacing the cap for the coolant housing.

I was losing coolant in my mk2 1.8tdci as well (not as fast as you). I noticed a pink crystalline deposit towards the front of the engine and it ended up being the thermostat housing. There's two parts to it and I opted to replace the cheaper part first. The problem never came back after that. My mechanic said it was a common problem on that engine.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not bad with a spanner but haven't had te focus that long so haven't looked to much in the bay so I'm not sure were the thermostat might be? We're is it in the bay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club