Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issue With Windscreen Not Clearing

cache

its a 2005 fiesta and we bought it in may last year. unfortunately now we've hit cold weather the problem has surfaced!

it only clears the passenger side of the windscreen and stays verrrrrry condensationy :(

I had the issue on my focus after a windscreen replacement, basically the contact under the scuttle has likely seperated. It was fixed by the windscreen company coming out and soldering the connection back onto the ribbon.

In my current Mondeo I have some chunks of screen sporadically throughout that dont clear, whilst the rest does, I think for me its a bad connection again, but I dont have the patience or health at the moment to try fix it :p

haha, well if you have a gas soldering iron, solder, and a bit of patience you could do it!

If theres any chips or cracj this will stop the screen from working effectivly

most fords have two fuses for the windscreen so check the condition of the drivers side fuse if there is one.

Ironically mine had a chip repaired on the passenger side and that works perfect, however the driver side is fine and it's like a zebra crossing of heated and unheated pattern lol

such a common problem im surprised ford havent caught onto it