Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flip Key Ordered.

simcor

Well I have taken the plunge and ordered a flip key for my car, mainly because I prefer flip keys and the spare is not a remote key, so I will have 3 keys for the car two with remotes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221429062975?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bought from this seller on eBay as he cuts the blade too and seems a good seller, he is cutting the key from a picture as I don't have my key code for the car. Marked as dispatched so will see what it is like when it arrives.

Then will program it to the car with IDS.

Will update this thread once I have it and its all working and comment on the quality of the key as it is an aftermarket key not an OEM one. But for the price having a fully working remote key for that cost is better than messing around swapping internals etc.

Will be interesting to see how good a job he does from a picture!

ordered the same just before i saw this post! ill share my experiences too

I too am interested in doing this so will keep an eye on this thread.

what is IDS and how does it work?

IDS is the Ford diagnostics program which will allow me to program the transponder for the key to the car myself then I can also program the remote central locking too. Otherwise I would have to go to the locksmith or get them out to do this for me. I have a cloned VCM2 which works well for most stuff and I have already removed both of my keys and re added them to the system so I know I can reprogram them myself.

It was marked as dispatched yesterday so as soon as it arrives I will comment on the quality and key cutting.

Key arrived although annoyed with the postie as it was recorded signed for and he put it in letter box and signed it himself by looks of it without even knocking on the door or ringing the buzzer, I have been sat in waiting for it to arrive. Just checked the post box of the off chance he had already been even though I have not been out all day.

Very happy with the quality of the key, cut is perfect little bit sticky in the ignition barrel but after some use I would expect it will wear a bit and be much better but no hassle.

Programmed remote locking with my other keys then went on to IDS, got the outcode and converted that to an incode and programmed transponder in. Oh and I also now have my key code which I did not before.

All working and now very happy time to retire the old remote key, probably a good time too as I think one of the buttons is getting a little bit dicky on it.

Will add some pictures shortly.

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

£31 all in bargain.

Very good result, wish I had IDS but yeah my key was sticky the first handful of times but it sortrd

The clone vcm2 are pretty cheap to be fair. It's just a case of downloading the IDS software and calibration files and setting it up on a laptop. Not dead easy but doable. Clones go for around 100 quid or so on eBay.

the cloned IDS also allows PATS configuring for when changing dashboards am i correct? i could just purchase one instead of getting my key coded for £60

I would assume so but I have not looked into it yet. I do need to find out if a used HEC can be coded to another car as I would like the message centre on mine. It is one of my next things to look into.

Basically I can connect to the PCM HEC ABS PATS and FACM from memory with my clone unit. I also now have a modified elm with elmconfig which allows changing the options that I can't do with IDS.

Yes I believe that is the case IDS does pretty much the same as the dealer ids if not everything

Apparently it does depend on the clones mine won't read some stuff the the modified elm and elmconfig does. But so far programing keys updating the firmware of the pcm reading error codes doing forced regenerations and coding injectors etc all seem to work ok. Not had any issues with mine.

cool.

for the used HEC units the only thing that cant be done via ELMconfig is the PATS programming, so if the cloned IDS does that fine then that's excellent :D

I ended up paying a little more than I wanted to on eBay but you know what that's like probably. A little bit over £250 but that was with a half decent HP dual core laptop which is old but pretty quick. My next plan would be to get a tablet running windows with full size USB and install IDS on that although I have just bought a new battery for the laptop as it was completely goosed. Just think tablet would be better being touchscreen and longer battery life. Thinking surface as second hand ones are quite reasonable on eBay.

• Like 1

Yep seems about right for the VCM2 looks the same as mine at least from the pictures. It is odd that they have copied the interface so much like the genuine unit yet it can't connect to everything like a genuine one can. I can now read my gem now I have the elm and elmconfig which I could not do with the VCM.

All in all very happy with the key. Quality os very good I think and weight is just about right too, flip function is not flimsy either.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the seller to anyone who needs a spare key.

I got a price for a non remote key yesterday for a Vauxhall from Timpsons and they wanted £55 for a non remote key. So looking at possibilities like that makes this even better value.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club