Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry

Figgis41

Hi all, got in my car today (Ford Focus Titanium 2012) and a message flased up on teh dash screen saying the battery in my keyless fob needed replacing, ok i thought, i'll go get my spare and use that instead for a while until i have changed said battery.

I could not open the car with the spare, its not been used so i presume the batterys good to go so is there some thing that i need to do to maby re sync it to the car maybe ?

DSC00113_zps172b1016.jpg

Have you tried using the buttons on the spare to unlock the car?

After a while of no use the fobs go in to deep sleep and don't work keyless until they are woken up again.

easiest way to wake them is to remove the battery and put it back in!

Yes Alex,,pressed the buttons and nothing, then i was tapping the buttons on it like a demented woodpecker still with no joy.

Did the key blade removal you mentioned James and it worked,, cheers.

So,, anyone know which battery it takes, i also heard you only have so long to change it or it needs re programing so i dare not take the old one out to have a look, lol

If all else fails there's a key inside to do things manually until it's sorted at least

Yes Alex,,pressed the buttons and nothing, then i was tapping the buttons on it like a demented woodpecker still with no joy.

Did the key blade removal you mentioned James and it worked,, cheers.

So,, anyone know which battery it takes, i also heard you only have so long to change it or it needs re programing so i dare not take the old one out to have a look, lol

Should tell you\in the handbook what the battery change procedure is and what type of battery it takes.

• Like 1

Cheers Troy, will check it out.

Believe the battery is cr32 but glad the key worked. As for time limits if the battery is dead then time to replace doesn't matter lol

Sorry gents, but i just re read my last post,, what i mean is,, you only have so long changing said battery, i read that you had about 10 mins to take the old battery out and put the new one in or the key needs re programing because its been without a battery too long if you get me.

Is this rubbish and does the answer James gave me still stand ?

Thankyou for the battery number as well James. :)

cheers,,, Ian.

It's a motherboard battery I think it's actually cr2032 but my memory had turned to mush. Easiest answer is take the key apart and confirm the battery, even with no experience it should take only a few minutes once you have the old battery out to push the new one in so I wouldn't worry, but as I say of the battery is completely dead, it won't matter as there's no keep alive memory running with a totally dead battery

Spot on James,,, also says in the book,, CR2032, my spare key also had the low battery warning on the display so i got a x2 pack for £4 at Halfords and changed both, took about 2 mins per key following this vid,,

both keys are now working fine,,, thanks guys.

Fantastic result, although I would say go to your nearest 99p or pound land next time you get a pack of either 4 or 8 for the stores price lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club