Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

HCangul

Hi guys,

I've recently bought fiesta lx 1,25 2003. Central locking is not working correct. Sometimes I have to pres the button on remote few time.

Sometimes its not working at all I have to use key. Can anyone help me about this please what would cause this problem?

Would it be expensive to fix.

Thanks HCangul

Sounds obvious but have you changed the battery in the key fob?

Yes fob battery been changed. But still playing up :(

I'm guessing either the key is faulty or the GEM module which controls the remote/central locking?

You could start off buying a new key off eBay and pair it with your car yourself as you've got a pre-facelift.

Swapping the module would be easy but you'd need to be careful which one you buy = pre-facelift w/ remote.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry for the late respond. I think my key fob is faulty. I found it on eBay, but anybody know how to program new key to my fiesta ?

how can I do it thanks again.

Hayati Cangul

Hi guys,

sorry for the late respond. I think my key fob is faulty. I found it on ebay, but anybody know how to program new key to my fiesta ?

how can I do it thanks again.

Hayati Cangul

Part 1 - Ford keyless remote programming

1. Get key, get in car and shut doors.

2. Place key in ignition, turn to II (not Start) and back 4 times in a row in under 6 seconds, stopping at "Off"

3. Car will make audible tone, press Unlock on your remote(s). Wait 1 second between each one. You have 10 seconds to add all remotes, maximum of 4 remotes at once.

Part 2 - Ford transponder chip programming

Needed: 2 pre-programmed OEM chip keys. 1 new transponder key.

1. Insert one of the pre-programmed transponder keys and turn ignition to II until red light on instrument cluster lights up, remove key from ignition.

2. Within 5 seconds of removing, insert the second pre-programmed key and turn ignition to II until red light on instrument cluster lights up, remove key from ignition.

3. Within 10 seconds insert the new key into the ignition and turn to II. If you are successful the red light on the instrument cluster will light up then go off after a second. ***If you are unsuccessful the red light will blink repeatedly to indicate the key is invalid. Wait a minute and try again***

If you don't have 2 pre-programmed keys already, you will need to get key programmed by a locksmith.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club