Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Motor Mount Replacement

artiste1212

I need to replace the motor mounts, and the mechanic wants $800-$1000 (US $). Is this a reasonable amount, or is it excessive? Could it possibly be a DIY job for a relative beginner?

from videos ive seen it doesn't look that hard but you might need some more tools, need to jack the engine up, support it securely and swap them out one at a time. I can see it going horribly wrong very quickly though if something is quite right with the support. Still, $1000 seems a lot

Hire yourself an engine hoist and get a trolley jack and it's easier enough to do and far less than the $1000 he's trying to charge you

That's incredible! Can I ask why all the mounts need changed?

You can change all 3 mounts easily with a trolley jack in about an hour I would guess. No need for any fancy equipment or a hoist.

Yer agree don't really need the hoist just adds that bit off safety in case the jack does move as I have my own I always use it to save any dramas lol

I can think of lots of ways I could go wrong, having it supported from above takes care of the lot, I'm a novice but id consider doing it myself if I had one, wouldn't try without.

Yeah it is easier using a hoist if there is one handy. I tend to use my support beam if I'm removing mounts to change a timing belt etc as it's less hassle than a hoist or jack and doesn't get in the way so much.

The 2 mounts which take the weight of the engine are done from above anyway so there is no worry about being flattened by an engine although it could be exciting trying to pick it back up :lol:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club