Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance Help

Jordan_95

I bought my ford fiesta zetec S Ecoboost 2014 plate in December and was using my existing insurance with elephant, but now its time to renew :( and i received my email saying they wanted £2440 ..... so that's not gonna happen and im looking for some other insurance company , i am also wanting to pay it off monthly , i have seen a lot asking for around £120 a month which is something i was looking for , but just not sure on the major things i should be looking for and which insurance companies are more highly rated than others?

First thing to do is go to the compare sites and find out who's offering you the cheapest and also what extras you will get (Eu cover, windscreen excess etc.) And also what their rating is. Then go directly to their website and do another quote. Often it comes out quite a lot cheaper than the compare site.

Also try adding your parents onto the policy to bring the price down even more.

There are also other insurers which aren't on the compare sites that you can try (aviva, direct line). Sometimes they are stupidly more expensive but when I did some quotes it came up a lot cheaper.

I normally try to stay away from admiral/elephant etc as they seem to just offer much lower prices which let's down the service you get if you ever (hopefully not :) ) need to make a claim

Okay I had my first year with elephant on my Peugeot 206 which came out at £2000 for the year :( an they sent me one through for the fiesta Zetec S ecoboost 1 litre for £2440 .... So defo not staying with them xD , Thanks will have another little look later at some bigger names

My first year on a 1.25 y reg fiesta was £1700 with admiral. Transfered to a 62' fiesta zetec about 3 months later and they gave me some money back making the premium about £900. Went with aviva for second year at £640 :)

Hmmm okay will defo look into aviva hopefully they can do me a deal haha

If they do you a good deal sign up on quidco and do it through there. Think their still doing £70 cash back for new aviva policies.

Just checked and it's now £50. Takes a month or two for money to come through but worth it just for a couple of extra clicks :).

I got £70 when I did it so technically only cost me £570 for the policy

At the moment they are doing a 30% off online on aviva so should I go throught that or? It's better than what I have seen , with all extras they offering £944.28 baring in mind I'm 19

Will still get both. just sign up to quidco and click on the link to aviva website from there. It will register that you have clicked and then they will verify with aviva that you took out a policy within a few days.

Okay so I have gone all the way through it just about to click pay , but just realised are they okay about modifications?

What are classed as modifications to declare? :) haha

Well I've only added wind deflectors, changed interior to LED's and wrapped wing mirrors.

If I was to change air filter, remap or anything I'd declare that

Oh right okay , well that's my insurance sorted out now for next month , thanks for all that :) 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club