Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing mirror

Beermonster

I think my wing mirrors are on the wrong side, in my last car the mirror with the dot's on it that enables you to look further was on the drivers side but on my Fiesta it's on the passengers side, is this correct?

It makes it awkward when reversing and pulling in after over taking.

I think my wing mirrors are on the wrong side, in my last car the mirror with the dot's on it that enables you to look further was on the drivers side but on my Fiesta it's on the passengers side, is this correct?

It makes it awkward when reversing and pulling in after over taking.

Mine is the same and I do find it difficult to get used to the dots on the passenger side.

Thanks so it's not just me, I was parking yesterday and when I had finished I was miles further away that I thought.

With everyone being the same I think it must have been my peugeot that was on the wrong side all along, after all they couldn't be bothered to change the wipers round always had a blind spot when it rained, passenger could see great B)

• 4 months later...

I noticed the blindspot mirror on the wrong side of my wife's 59 plate titanium. I complained to Ford customer relations about it and basically told me tough. A month later i was in the dealers and noticed that Ford had now put them on the correct side(drivers). So i had a moan at the salesman who sold us the car and he thought it was totally ridiculous why Ford had put the blindspot mirror on the wrong side. The salesman was really helpful and chased the issue through the service dept. They ordered and fitted a new drivers side wing mirror glass with the blindspot mirror on under a warranty claim.

Its not right so complain to your dealer.

I noticed the blindspot mirror on the wrong side of my wife's 59 plate titanium. I complained to Ford customer relations about it and basically told me tough. A month later i was in the dealers and noticed that Ford had now put them on the correct side(drivers). So i had a moan at the salesman who sold us the car and he thought it was totally ridiculous why Ford had put the blindspot mirror on the wrong side. The salesman was really helpful and chased the issue through the service dept. They ordered and fitted a new drivers side wing mirror glass with the blindspot mirror on under a warranty claim.

YEAH!!! maybe I will :angry:

Mine has one both sides :)

I think that on the left is ok, you can see all you need to see with right mirror and then will get anything it misses with your blindspot check before you move away :)

Mine has one both sides :)

I think that on the left is ok, you can see all you need to see with right mirror and then will get anything it misses with your blindspot check before you move away :)

How did that happen?

How did that happen?

duno...only noticed it today when doing a controls lesson! :lol:

good tho!

And I have to say, the Fiesta wingmirrors are brillian as far as mirrors for little cars go....my dads mondeo, me wifes 306, the new corsa all have mirrors about half the size!!

• 4 months later...

Did anyone actually get these corrected at the main dealers?

Did anyone actually get these corrected at the main dealers?

if you guys are talking about the dots on the mirrors, i have them on both sided aswell. never spoke to my dealer about it , was like that when i got my car from the dealer

Only brought it up ,because mine has the dotted mirror on the passenger side only .Will have a chat with thr main dealer on Tuesday. :(

Only brought it up ,because mine has the dotted mirror on the passenger side only .Will have a chat with thr main dealer on Tuesday. :(

Mine was built August 2009 and has them on both sides.

Stewart.

Mine was built August 2009 and has them on both sides.

Stewart.

October 2009 and both sides too...

On my 58 plate Mk7 I only had the dots on the passengers side, on my 10 plate Mk7 I have the dots on both sides.

I *personally* dont find the 3 door Mk7 an easy car to reverse park anyway (esp compared to my 5 door Mk 6), also I am paranoid about scuffing my 17" alloys ;)

Mine was built Setember 09 passenger side only.

Only on the passenger side, March 2009 build IIRC. The cars at my local dealer have it on both sides, as does a friends 10 build Fiesta. Will mention this to the Ford dealer, thanks for the heads up :)