Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg And Quick Clear The Screen

Radhadee

Hi again, when I bought the car last weds I put half tank petrol from empty in and filled up today computer said I had 54 miles left when I filled it up. Put in 36 pounds worth. What is average miles on full tank 1.4 petrol?

Second question what quickest way to clear icy windows is it the heated switch for front screen? Thanks in advance guys dee

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Don't know about mpg Dee but definitely use the heated screen to clear the ice keep your hands nice and toasty inside and laugh at your neon our with his scraper

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

The front screen heater is one of the best things,start the car and hit the button and sit lol.

See all these with spray and scrapers etc.

M.P.G i never go on a full tank i always fill up around half or just under but i get around 130miles very local

and thats a 1.6,at a guess for yours and its a BIG guess i should say around the 300miles plus and all

depends on if its motorway/local etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have also just bought a 1.4. When I took ownership the first thing I did was to fill up. I paid no attention to any numbers on the dashboard at this point. This tank did 318 miles. The warning came on with 68 miles to go and it took 39 litres with about 30 miles to go.

When you have just bought a car, the distance to go will be confused for a while because the estimate is based on previous average, which could drop very low during its time on the forecourt. (After all, it's impossible to base an estimate on how you're going to drive in future.) With 54 to go and £36, ~33 litres? this isn't far off my experience.

I think on all current Fiestas the heated screen (front and rear) comes on automatically when it's cold enough, so you don't even need to press the button. It might not be the case on slightly older cars but try it if you have any more frost this year :)

They only come on automatically on diesels, it's to get the engine to warm up quicker by putting more load on it, the screen on my transit comes when the engine is cold even when the screen is clear, once the engine is warm on the next start it won't come on automatically even though it could be cold enough outside.

• Like 1

They only come on automatically on diesels, it's to get the engine to warm up quicker by putting more load on it, the screen on my transit comes when the engine is cold even when the screen is clear, once the engine is warm on the next start it won't come on automatically even though it could be cold enough outside.

They come on automatically on my ST, I don't know if it's only when the engine is cold too but I can't imagine the engine will be warm after the windows have frozen up.

They came on automatically in our old 63 plate Fiesta ST 2 & also do so in our 15 plate Focus ST 3 petrol version & do so in the diesel Mondeo.

Not on my 15 plate titanium x :(