Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpfe Readings 1.6Tdci

simcor

Took my car for a run with Forscan running and the DPFE reading is nearly always at 0kpa and rises occasionally to 1kpa, usually when it has risen to 1kpa the exhaust temperature is over 200º and drops to 0kpa when the temp falls below 200º.

So If i am correct the sensor is reading very little difference in pressure from either side of the DPF (as I understand it the sensors measures a difference in pressure at each end, a large difference meaning the DPF filter is clogging or clogged up) which would suggest the filter is not really blocked yet or the DPFE sensor is giving a faulty reading.

I presume the higher the kpa reading the more pressure difference that is measured, therefore the more regeneration's that would take place or the frequency of them?

Well I have tried a couple more runs and the highest reading under load at high revs I am getting is nearer 2kpa but still lower than I would have expected and they are only for the duration of high revs under load and the pressure reading drops.

Attached are some pictures of the logging in Forscan.

Run 1

Run1.png

Run2

Run2.png

Any ideas or thoughts?

Oddly... It sounds to me like the DPF has been gutted!

your distance top ash full is increasing, did you reset the learned values?

Oddly... It sounds to me like the DPF has been gutted!

Any particular reason you think that may be the case or is that purely on the very low KPA reading?

your distance top ash full is increasing, did you reset the learned values?

I don't believe I have pretty sure I would not have done that and don't remember if I did. I assumed it works out roughly how many km's are left until the ash is full, and that figure could change depending on how the vehicle is driven etc.

Oddly I hadn't noticed it was counting up rather than down. I wonder if the dealer I bought it off reset them when he did the glow plugs to try and get the engine malfunction light off as it was still playing up when I got it back but I managed to sort that somehow when I got my IDS but can't remember what was causing it off hand.

The other odd thing is I still get dpf filter efficiency below threshold code coming up from time to time.

I thought they were supposed to give errors to alert you by putting the check engine light to get it checked out ie on a dealers diagnostics.

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20

This thread suggest the dis to ash full reading is an estimate on how many km before the ash is full. And that the figure can vary depending on driving styles possibly or that there may have been a reset of the learned values in that case.

All rather confusing really.

a rest makes it go bonkers, it has to learn all over again, but after a good drive its usually fairly stable, if its going up it suggests either its been reset fairly recently, or your driving has been less aggressive of late meaning its having to re adjust, its supposed to be pretty cleaver but much like MPG, can be messed up if you start going to extremes like hammering it or driving like a granny. even just driving sensibly can make a difference, be interesting to watch it closely, you should start to see it decline if you keep to the same driving style, but as I said before, it took mine a goof run of 400 miles in a go to get it accurate, start stop driving even on goodish distances seems to upset it

Purely the low values, I mean, even with an idling diesel, with a brand new DPF, I would expect the minimum value to be around 0.5 - 1.5 kPa at least. The fact there is barely any pressure in there indicates to me that its having no hassle getting through! It just seems odd to me the low readings could relate to a DPF still being present...

Didn't Tom on here get a new DPF recently, if he could check his then you can compare to a car with a known old DPF and a known New DPF, can see where you sit.

couldn't you artificially increase pressure a bit at the exhaust, see if the value rises?

Tom installed a pattern part rather than oem so the values may differ slightly.

I plan on fitting a Klarius made DPF to mine when it comes to it so not bothered about using pattern parts.

But I am wondering if the DPFE sensor is goosed hence the low reading, I have not go round to sourcing one yet and fitting it as I was going to.

Hoping to find out why it tends to regen so often as it does seem to be excessive from what has been said before on the subject.

Well I can say one thing for certain, I have just checked my dist to ashfull again and it is now reading 2822 that is an increase of approx 28km since Monday night, so 17.5 miles and I have done way more than 17.5 miles in the last few days, in fact today alone I have done a round trip of at least 32 miles and some running around since those tests, I estimate I have done at least 50 miles since then.

So that figure certainly does not seem to relate to how many miles the vehicle has been driven.

I think that figure should start at 120000km and countdown until 0km and the figure will change depending upon driving style and regenerations etc or start at 0km and work its way up to 120000km, the recommended DPF change interval.

Interestingly I got an overboost error code tonight but I was revving the car to get the graphs to show spikes so may just be an anomaly.

Gets more interesting the more you look into it.

Any thoughts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club