Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows Keep Opening

muggo

Every so often, the windows on my 2006 2.0 TDCI Mondeo Estate come down in the night. Apart from it being a security risk, it could be raining overnight.

I'm certain I'm not accidentally pressing the key & there are no water leaks into the carpet perhaps causing an ECU short.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's causing it? Failing that, is it possible to disable the auto down windows feature as I never need it?

I would suggest you start by removing the door card and disconnecting the window switches, and see if the issue occurs. if it does, it indicates the fault is on the wiring circuit, so you need to check for water ingress at the door, or damaged wires. Alternatively the issue may be elsewhere in the loom, but this is the best place to start looking.

I would suggest you start by removing the door card and disconnecting the window switches, and see if the issue occurs. if it does, it indicates the fault is on the wiring circuit, so you need to check for water ingress at the door, or damaged wires. Alternatively the issue may be elsewhere in the loom, but this is the best place to start looking.

Thanks for the good advice.

However, the problem only happens about every 3 months, so it will take a long while to see if disconnecting all my electric windows has sorted it

I really needed to see if this was a common fault with a recommended fix.

It's not common as such but has been seen before and I believe water ingress was the problem. I suggest you still take the door apart and check for signs, also check the footwell and fuse box locations for other signs

Low battery power can also cause this

Thanks.

That isn't the issue as the battery is fairly new & cranks my diesel engine in cold weather with no problem.

im still thinking its a wiring issue, I am wondering if a permenant live is shorting somewhere on the wire...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club