Do Not Sell My Personal Information

F63 Fuse Power Windows,cooling Unit

drevil

Hi all, I am having real problems with my power steering and hoping (clutching at straws) that my problem lies with a fuse. But when I look under my glove compartment at the fuses, I am coming against the problem.

Looking around forums all day (My eyes are starting to bleed!!!) and it seems obvious I need to find fuse F63 and it should be 20 amp. But the fusebox under the passenger side of my focus has a 15amp fuse in F63 and says it is for power windows,cooling unit.

So the question is, where is it? why am I finding the wrong thing? The fuse I am after might be F55 which is for "Central locking system, door module (driver side)"

My focus is an 05 plate and a mark 2

Fusebox locations differ between the mk2 and the facelift mk2.5 so double check the info you've dug up off the web is for your model and not later cars.

Unless I am missing the point, if your issue is power steering related... Why are you looking for a fuse related to the driver door lock :S

If its power steering the issue is with the steering not s fuse so for safety ide get it checked power steering runs off hydraulics from a pump

Do you know what, had a really stressful day and didnt realise I put power steering, apologises! The problem I am having is with regards to central locking.

Ah I see the fuse is located at the rear of the fuse box you need to take the fuseboard in the footwell down and the fuse is at the rear on its own

What issues are you actually seeing with the locking? As for m2 or 2.5 if your bonnet is flay and unshaped then it's mk2,if the bonnet is raised in the centre, then it's a mk2.5

The issues are sort of complicated.

A while back the passenger door would stick, could not unlock unless sit was done from the inside manually. This was when I used the key fob.

Then came the issue of the key fob starting to fail, I was having to get closer and closer to the car for it to work.

Weirdly the passenger door then started working normally suddenly, like it became unstuck or reconfigured or something, but anyway, it suddenly just worked one day.

Very soon after the fob started dying more and more on me until it got to the point of it sometimes working and sometimes not, till eventually it gave up completely. I got a new battery for it and changed it quickly enough without needing to reset it, but also without breaking anything. Unfortunately battery change did not work so the only way to lock the car is with a key in door.

The problem with this is that, when you unlock the car, as soon as you open the door the car starts beeping and the only thing to prevent it is put the key in and turn it. But if you dont do this quick enough the alarm goes, or if someone opens boot/passenger door it sets off an alarm. I dont even know if this effects the car battery, even though I have been assured it wont.

The hope I was having that in some way a fuse that effects the central locking/key fob had blown and I would be able to correct it and sort it out with a fuse (Clutching at straws) I cannot afford a main dealer so if its the case that its not a fuse, which I know is very very unlikely, then I will have to put up with the nuisance.

When i searched about fuses I kept hearing talk about fuse f63, but that is for the mk2.5 I believe, luckily I have found out mine is mk2 and the fuse or fuses I should look for are f55 (central locking, driving door module) and f77 (central locking relays)

I think this is a wiring issue not a fob issue or fuse. The degradation says it's either wiring issues or perhaps the door lock module, or central locking / remote module.

I was leaning toward sit being that but really hoping it wasnt, as that is a main dealer issue (I think) The battery is brand new as well as I had it changed, literally, last night.

The only way I think I can find out is through fords and they want 100 squid for the privilege (I cant find the pound sign on my new/old laptop!!!!)

How new to you is the car, is it still in warranty at all...?

reading from what your saying you have 2 central locking issues, 1 is the passenger door, 2 is the fob.

as the passenger door started working ok , then i would ignore taht for a while, the fob sounds broken to me, after you replaced battery in fob did the fob work at all after, if not try reprogramming remote to car again, if it did work for a short while then it sounds like new fob is required and programming in.

i take it you have only the 1 remote for the car?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club