Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial....dab...

jace1969

I need a new aerial tip as my car is under a carport and i always hit the aerial.

I would like a short one but still have to be very good reception as its for the DAB.

Also is there any on eBay than anyone have tried.

Thanks

Cut down the original aerial to the half way mark. Pull the top of after warming in water then reattach. Sorted.

Cut down the original aerial to the half way mark. Pull the top of after warming in water then reattach. Sorted.

Won't this make the signal bad as then i aint got one to fall back on.

It will be the same as putting a shorter ariel on. If your worried about signal I'd stick with the standard ariel

The DAB uses a seperate aerial doesn't it? So unless you use FM you can just get a smaller aerial and not worry about the signal.

No the dab and FM are the same aerial. The dab part is a thin wire running halfway up the ariel.

No the dab and FM are the same aerial. The dab part is a thin wire running halfway up the ariel.

If thats the case that a smaller one will be just like cutting it down i will have to stick with it.

Seen a lot on ST's etc like a short stubby rubber one,just don't wan't to rip the whole lot off as

it does bend when reversing out and had a lot of close ones on other cars i have had.

I'm sure other people have said they have used a smaller aerial with no loss of signal, but I've never changed a car aerial myself so can't say for sure.

I suppose it depends on how good your reception is. I cut mine down and the dab was non existent but to be honest it was cak anyways

Yeah my DAB is a bit hit and miss too, so I wouldn't want to make it worse my getting a smaller aerial.

I use the richbrook short aerial and my fm and dab are perfect. Definately just a lot to do with area etc.

It's only the cheap eBay short aerials that give you crap signal.

I use the richbrook short aerial and my fm and dab are perfect. Definately just a lot to do with area etc.

It's only the cheap ebay short aerials that give you crap signal.

They sell them at Halfords don't they,my DAB is great where i live and get a nice few stations.

I have cut some wood off the back of the carport roof end so its ok but i get cats get through now all on the roof.

Not that good for the paint.

I've taken my Richbrook stubby aerial off as it's FM reception was much worse than with the standard one on some radio stations. Can't comment on it's DAB performance in comparison.

I've taken my Richbrook stubby aerial off as it's FM reception was much worse than with the standard one on some radio stations. Can't comment on it's DAB performance in comparison.

You would of thought there would be a small aerial out there for a top signal for DAB by now.

• 8 months later...

Well it had to come off,o.k for the DAB and looked a lot better but phone signal was not that good.

The DAB was about the same as my other one in the open but around building and under places it was hit and miss.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club