Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Flat Battery

jsk

Twice in the passed week my battery has gone flat. On both occasions I had used my mobile phone via hands free, on both occasions the phone was plugged into the usb port. After the first instance the battery has been fine until I used the mobile on the second occasion. I should mention that on both occasions the mobile was turned off after use and unplugged from the usb port. Has anyone experienced this or any ideas. It looks like a lengthy trip back to the dealer.

Was your car built after may 2014, if so there could be an issue with the mfd display, contact your ford dealer and ask.

Known defect on Fiesta with reversing camera or integral sat nav. Awaiting Ford 'fix'. Temporary fix leave radio ON.

Hi, So, what is the issue? Is it a problem which causes the battery to run flat or, a problem with the MFD?

I'm a bit concerned after reading this as I've ordered a new Fiesta Tit X which has the integral camera the optional satnav and the estimated build date is 31st January.

The last thing I want is a known issue on a car that I'm waiting to take delivery of.

Can any members please give more detailed info on this issue.

I would also like to hear from members who have recently taken delivery of a new Fiesta which has satnav or integral camera and, whether or not, they have encountered this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have the camera on my new Titanium x which I took delivery of late December. My phone is always connected to my car been using everything from heated seats, heated screen . Have the heater blower on high and lights on even on some short journeys.

Haven't had any problems to date with battery. I don't have the sat nav though!

Hi there, this post has interested me as I have had an intermittent flat battery with my 62 plate 1.5 tdci titanium (no sat nav, no camera). It went back and forth to the dealer for months - new altinater, battery sensor, battery, bluetooth removed etc etc.

I eventually rejected the car under the sale of goods act and it was replaced - same model, 2 months younger.

Well this was at the end of November.............today I got in my replacement after work and FLAT BATTERY!

There is surely some problem somewhere!

I love Ford cars and really don't want any other make but............................

Thanks Iantt for information on Ford fix.

Car booked in for software fix next Thursday.

Hopefully this will cure flat battery problem. Will update if it fails.

Hello

I have this problem on a new, November 2014 fiesta Titanium 1.0 ecoboost with the std MFD and without sat nav, camera etc.

A brief history....

The battery would go completely flat if left for more than 24 hrs.

I investigated and discovered that my glove box light was not switching off - check yours but note it is very difficult to see this. To detect it you have to grovel around at night peering around the edges of the closed glove box lid to detect a glimmer of light.

Thinking I was very clever and had found the problem I booked it into the Ford main dealer. When I collected it they said they fixed the glove box light and handed me a piece of paper saying there is still a battery drain problem, quoting Broadcast Message 5663 and no fix is yet available - that was end November 2014.

Since then I have followed the advice of leaving the radio on and have not had a flat battery since.

On 22 Jan I was told to go in for the fix to be applied but on collection they told me the fix did not work and has been withdrawn - plus they gave me a new piece of paper with Broadcast Message 5917 written on it.

Today, 30-Jan-2015, I have a new email from Ford Customer Care saying the latest fix for the battery drain is available.

I keep telling them I want a new battery as the original one will have a significantly shortened life due to the repeated deep discharging. So far they have ignored this request and that is OK with me as there is no point fitting a new battery whilst there is still a battery drain problem, BUT, I will be demanding a new battery if this latest fix works and I can safely turn the radio off. Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with Ford to have a chance of success?

PS I believe there must be other cars out there with the same undetected glove box light fault. It was not a faulty switch, it was more to do with manufacturing dimensional tolerances (they fixed it by inserting spacer washers).

My glove box light must be switching off as my battery has only gone flat twice and never since I left radio on as instructed.

It sounds like a micro switch that operated your glove box light was out of adjustment and they put packing washers in to adjust it out until the stricker operated it.

Best of luck with the new battery claim just keep pushing they may get fed up and give you one.

Had 4 1.0 ZSE's here in 14 months.

3 of them haven't had any faults of any kind, the 4th had to have the electric window re-learn.

Definitely no battery problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Got my car back today. Dealer said there was a small battery drain from the instrument cluster which they found a software update for and the problem was now solved.

Let's hope so... Watch this space!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 5 months later...

My wife has had similar problems. her Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost was purchased September 2014. Three times it has let her down with a flat battery. Lights and windscreen wipers are automatic so can't have been left on. The car was only left for 30 hours the last time after it ran fine. The usb slot isn't used but she does connect her mobile via bluetooth at times. Took it to the dealer the first time it happened but they couldn't identify an issue or explain why it went flat.

Following the above posts I'll try leaving the radio switched on and will contact the dealer again to see if they can take another look

Leaving the radio on was a temporary fix for my car. Your dealer should have a software update that once installed will cure the flat battery problem. I had my update installed last year and have not had a flat battery since.

Hope this helps

jsk

Just had the exact same problem with my Titanium 1.0 ecoboost with the std MFD, registered in September last year. I did turn the radio off (unusually for me) before I parked up, as I was concentrating on finding my destination. Car was dead as a Dodo when I went to it about 40 hours later.

AA man who came out told me he thought it was a an issue that would be resolved with a software fix. After he got it running and I got home I dropped the car off at my local dealer. They have given it back to me today and reported the battery checked out fine and they couldn't find an issue. I mentioned the possibility/need for a software update, but they just said if it happens again get it recovered to them by the AA and don't let them start it.

Not impressed with this dealership at all and will be contacting them in the morning to see what they have to say about the Broadcast Messages 5663 and 5917 mentioned on this thread.

Is it keyless entry?

If so, was the battery flat enough so you couldn't open the door?

If so, how did the AA guy get in?

Mine is keyless entry but there is an emergency key hidden inside the key fob.

Just had the exact same problem with my Titanium 1.0 ecoboost with the std MFD, registered in September last year. I did turn the radio off (unusually for me) before I parked up, as I was concentrating on finding my destination. Car was dead as a Dodo when I went to it about 40 hours later.

AA man who came out told me he thought it was a an issue that would be resolved with a software fix. After he got it running and I got home I dropped the car off at my local dealer. They have given it back to me today and reported the battery checked out fine and they couldn't find an issue. I mentioned the possibility/need for a software update, but they just said if it happens again get it recovered to them by the AA and don't let them start it.

Not impressed with this dealership at all and will be contacting them in the morning to see what they have to say about the Broadcast Messages 5663 and 5917 mentioned on this thread.

Software update fixed my problem.

Mine is keyless entry but there is an emergency key hidden inside the key fob.

Yep, we knew about the key but I was convinced that all the key did was operate contacts so you still couldn't get in with a flat battery. Seemingly I was wrong.

According to my local dealership a software fix is not available related to broadcast message 5917 .

According to my local dealership a software fix is not available related to broadcast message 5917 .

Software update fixed my problem.

Have been contacted by my local dealership today and they have informed me a fix has now been provided by Ford, hopefully it will resolve the problem.

• 4 years later...

Hi, 

i have Ford Fiesta 2014, I just bought it 2 weeks ago, no sat nav or reverse camera but I do use my phone with bluetooth. I parked my car day before yesterday with everything working fine. Today morning I couldn’t start my car, battery was that low I couldn’t even lock my car with fob. 

I had to jump start it to work, I drove for about an hour to work thinking that it should charge the battery enough to start again, when I went for lunch break it started fine but when I finished my work and wanted to drive home battery went low again and I ended up leaving my car at work.

please advise if I should replace battery as car is about 5 years old, it’s patrol car 1.2, or if I should contact dealer for software upgrade??

thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club