Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Build You Own 3D Printer

jeebowhite

It looks like fun to build, but I wonder how many people would ask the question... How much all in?

The answer, only £640.10! I wonder if anyone here has subscribed to it lol

90 issues. 87 at regular price, 1 at introduction price and two circuit boards at extended price...

The amusing thing is... Go on eBay and search 3d printer, there's a build it yourself kit for 290 quid lol

• Like 3

The millennium falcon worked out about £800 as well.

These are right cons

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Absolutely, I like the idea of building your own, but getting a 300 quid printer and 300 quids worth of ink and paper... Not really my style! I would just buy the diy kit off eBay. Get the challenge of the build and the pleasure of completing it yourself, and it's still cheaper than most factory built units...

• Like 1

I'm always concerned that if the magazine run stops you won't have anything except a pile of useless 'bits'.

• Like 2

I'm always concerned that if the magazine run stops you won't have anything except a pile of useless 'bits'.

That's what tends to happen.

You get about 20 issues in and they stop due to lack of interest.

• Like 1

As long as we don't get 3D printers building 3D printers, then we'd be in dangerous territory...

• Like 1

Haha, well actually you could print your own stylish body and case for your 3d printer

• Like 1

Always amazes me these offers and glad i`m not the only one who looks at the overall cost and how many issues it takes usually 1 per week ,say 100 issues ? 2 years to build .Not likely.

Do they really think people ae this gullibale ??

Yes.

• Like 1

Sadly people are that gullible, they see the intro price and don't think this will take 90 issues to build and then there we go

• Like 1

I fell for this twice when I was younger, had a half built robot thingy on wheels, which when finished could supposedly learn it's way around your house, and part of a remote control Impreza WRX which could supposedly do 40mph lol. I can't remember if the magazines stopped or if I just lost interest.

I fell for this twice when I was younger, had a half built robot thingy on wheels, which when finished could supposedly learn it's way around your house, and part of a remote control Impreza WRX which could supposedly do 40mph lol. I can't remember if the magazines stopped or if I just lost interest.

I finished that impreza!! then crashed it into a curb. Good luck with spare parts as its a generic brand -_-

After reading this im really glad other people work out the total cost aswell as me! :)

• Like 1

I finished that impreza!! then crashed it into a curb. Good luck with spare parts as its a generic brand -_-

After reading this im really glad other people work out the total cost aswell as me! :)

Did it do 40 mph as advertised? (I'm guessing no lol)

Jeebs you've moved up my list, such a turn on that I'm not the only one looking at bigger picture, Leo fell for these magazine scams think it was one like Kieran even when I pointed out the obvious, unfortunately he then went to shop & spent €1000.00 yeah a grand on another toy car!!!!

Did it do 40 mph as advertised? (I'm guessing no lol)

Divide it by two & take a few! haha :)

Jeebs you've moved up my list, such a turn on that I'm not the only one looking at bigger picture, Leo fell for these magazine scams think it was one like Kieran even when I pointed out the obvious, unfortunately he then went to shop & spent €1000.00 yeah a grand on another toy car!!!!

Worst thing was.. i could have bought a huge petrol/nitro RC car for £1000... i could have bought a cheap Ford!!!! -_-

• Like 1

Haha, working my way up Vickis list (*starts dad dancing*)

I bought a 3d printer from a guy in a very good deal. I then struggled to make it do anything, The printer was fine I was useless so I swapped it for an I-phone. I couldn't operate the iPhone as I am a ham fisted thug when it comes to touch screen things so decided to sell it, I then managed to drop it from my pocket to the road smashing the screen and chucked it in a bin. Then I learned the screen can be replaced. needless to say when I returned to the bin it was gone.

Moral of the story is when your old and have hands like wreck it ralph give technology a miss.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the ad for the 3d printer was this story.

• Like 2

Then when you do finally get to the last issue if it ever gets that far. It is out dated. no one uses them any more.

• Like 2

Haha, working my way up Vickis list (*starts dad dancing*)

More like the guy twerking in the latest Money Supermarket advert ;)

I just threw up in my mouth.... A lot.... I wouldn't dance like that if I was mashed on drink and drugs, and under elicit medication offered by medical people...

• Like 2

That ad freaks the hell outa Me.... How that guy will ever show how fave in public I don't know.