Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio

Montigoo

Hello (again)

So as my delicate understanding of all things Ford slowly increases day by day I am yet again hoping some kind sole on here could point me in the right direction..

When I click on the Radio option the display gives me the following options..

FM

FM-AST

DAB1

DAB2

AM

AM-AST

When I click into DAB1 (as I presumed that stood for Digital Audio Broadcasting) it gives me an other list..

1. Block 5A

2. Block 5A

And so on until 10. Block 5A

When I click into 1. Block 5A it says 'station not available' - I then have two options: service or Manual

When I click on service it 'seeks' for a couple of seconds and then returns with nothing?

Is this normal? Am I being a bit dense and doing / not doing something right? (most likely)

I can get the Radio working through selecting FM and doing it that way but one of the 'perks' that came with getting this car was that it came with a Sony DAB radio..

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks In advance

Montigoo

I have exactly the same issue as you, most stations just say station not available. And if I do get signal then his soon drops out again.

I was told by a ford salesman that this is due to poor signal. I do find this hard to believe though as the only channels I can maintain signal on are the bbc ones. The rest are useless! I wondered if a software update may fix this?

Almost feel as though I've wasted my money on buying an extra that barely even works...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah I know how you feel! Wonder if replacing / upgrading the aerial would have any impact..

So frustrating!

From my experience it's due to Fords aerial as my dad moans about his on his focus. Yet I've used different audis (a5 &a3) and i never had a problem picking up any station on those.

I'd love to know if there is an upgrade available.

Exactly the same issue here. I'm in an area which has a good DAB signal too.

you can tune it manually, I think they are tuned in to wherever they check the car and first turn it on as mine had stations preset in the list that aren't in my area, bit of a ballache to tune imo but you can scrawl through manually just by pressing left and right or hold the button down to do it, but you have to have the actual tuning bar up for it to pick up new stations and not just press the button and hope it picks them up, all that is doing then is searching for past saved stations.

• Like 1

Cheers MattDRX - I'll give that a shot..

And after I manually set these stations (prefix them) they will stick and be there next time?

Cheers

Montigoo

They store the same as fm stations. Just assign to a number. Dab works ok here its the only radio I listen to. Now and then it jumps regions and sounds terrible but most of the time it behaves. I mean driving locally not when travelling, as I'd expect that.

Right, sussed the DAB tuning now!

1. Switch the radio to DAB (multiple presses of the "Radio" button until DAB1 or DAB2 is shown).

2. Press the "Manual" soft key (second from left).

3. A frequency chart should display showing 5A, 5B etc etc.

4. Use the right hand button on the central control dial to move along the frequencies (these are actually block numbers [multiplex]. Lots of different stations are broadcast on each block).

5. All BBC stations are broadcast nationwide on block 12B so keep pressing the right button until you get to that.

6. Leave it a few seconds and it should tune in to a station on that block.

7. Now press the "Service" soft key (left hand one) and all the stations broadcast on that block/multiplex will be listed and you can use up/down buttons to select. Press middle button on central control dial to select and long press on numeric key at top to store as a preset.

8. Repeat for each block containing stations you want to preset.

Here's a list of which stations are on each block/multiplexes nationwide

http://www.wohnort.org/DAB/uknat.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow.. Brilliant! Cheers lad!

• 4 years later...
On 1/24/2015 at 11:07 AM, andywhit said:

Right, sussed the DAB tuning now!

1. Switch the radio to DAB (multiple presses of the "Radio" button until DAB1 or DAB2 is shown).

2. Press the "Manual" soft key (second from left).

3. A frequency chart should display showing 5A, 5B etc etc.

4. Use the right hand button on the central control dial to move along the frequencies (these are actually block numbers [multiplex]. Lots of different stations are broadcast on each block).

5. All BBC stations are broadcast nationwide on block 12B so keep pressing the right button until you get to that.

6. Leave it a few seconds and it should tune in to a station on that block.

7. Now press the "Service" soft key (left hand one) and all the stations broadcast on that block/multiplex will be listed and you can use up/down buttons to select. Press middle button on central control dial to select and long press on numeric key at top to store as a preset.

8. Repeat for each block containing stations you want to preset.

Here's a list of which stations are on each block/multiplexes nationwide

http://www.wohnort.org/DAB/uknat.html

This solved my problems perfectly 4 years on ! Much appreciated.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...