Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Major Service.

Figgis41

hi all,, had my 2012 focus in today for a major service and for them to run the hardwire in from my mobius camera.

I found this garage where i took my car last year, two Ford Technitions who have started up by them selves and are doing quite well, seem nice chaps and know their stuff.

When i had my C4 Citroen i use to use this local place and it was quite cheap, thats until someone nicked the Facom combination spanner set i always kept in my boot along with a Britool socket set, these were for the car only and were never taken out until i had some work done and the spanner set went missing. oh well.

So i have just noticed i left my dash cam running as i was using it on bettery,,

when i have just now changed the battery for the capasitor and checked the footage and noticed i left it running this morning and its filmed the service i had,, doh

Point is the service took about 4 and a half hours also with running in my hardwire kit,,, a very thorough service indeed with lots of care taken, then they even take it outside and wash the bugger and give it a buff up and clean the inside of the car too.

The hardwire job was £20 which i thought was good and the full total was £204, now i know i can get cheaper but for the job they have done and the care and attention of the service it was money well spent and i will be using them for the rest of my days i reckon.

Its makes a change to find good profesional trades men these days and these chaps are certainly that. :)

anyone looking in on this who live near Hull,,, Mastertech.

http://mastertechhull.co.uk/

That's a good find, I'll probably ask them about hardwiring for my Mobius too. Did that £20 include any parts they needed and did they do it in a similar way to what others have done on here?

It was just the fitting Phil,, i supplied the hardwire kit and fuse box piggy back my self (cost for both about £12) and made my own mount out of black plastic packers and black velcro.

I was going to fit it myself but its freezing :)

http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/hardwire-kit.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/321088780930?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

and i replaced the battery with a capacitor.

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/mobius-actioncam-super-capacitor-battery-replacement

good luck.

Thanks I'll get in touch with them and see if they can do it for me too. I was thinking about getting the capacitor too but I sometimes set the camera recording if I'm away from the car for a an hour or less.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to getting this booked, now I just need to get those parts ordered. I assume if I get the same parts you got they should work in my car?

I finally got round to getting this booked, now I just need to get those parts ordered. I assume if I get the same parts you got they should work in my car?

Yep,,, dont see why not,, your fuse box might be in a diferent place and my rearview mirror mount will be diferent as the one in my car has a load of sensors and the wireing for it all hidden in there.

Give me 10 mins and i will post a picture of my DIY mount i made. :)

I think the fuse box is behind the glove compartment, actually I was going to try and find a spare USB port which is apparently next to it on the bluetooth module. I'll order the same 2 things you bought anyway just to be safe.

Does the fuse piggy back just go straight into the fuse box or do you have to earth it as well? (I assume they would know exactly what to do but it's good to know how it's supposed to work).

Edit: as for the mount, I'll keep using the standard suction mount for now but could always change it later. It's served me well so far, it stayed on for months without me touching it, but I should re-attach it every now and then cos it came off a few days ago, while I wasn't driving surprisingly. I got in the car and found the mobius dangling by its USB cable lol.

hi,, here is the mount i knocked up, i was going to fold some steel and spray it black then use magnets to hold the camera but thought something in black plastic would do better and would be lighter in weight.

I got some black wedge shaped packers from B&Q and superglued 3 (which gave me the correct angle) together, then used hook and loop/velcro to hold the plastic mount to the end of the rearview mirror screen cover, then velcro on the underside of the mount and on the back of the camera.
I did it this way in the event of removal there will be no signs of it ever being there, no marks or anything.

oh yer nearly forgot,, i tried a 32GB class10 micro sd card and it did not work so i shoved in a 32GB class4 micro sd card instead from my wifes tablet and it worked perfectly.

dash%20cam%20mount%202_zpsv4ttdxhj.jpg

dash%20cam%20mount%201_zpsm8aoy6ne.jpg

dash%20cam%20mount%203_zps7tpomytb.jpg

dash%20cam%20mount%204_zpsqleawkxb.jpg

hope this helps,, good luck. :)

• Like 1

Yes as regarding the hardwire kit,, has 2 wires, one live and one ground,, thats the one they earth, the other connects to the fuse piggyback.

I was going to fit it myself, and the bloke who owns the place asked why i didnt,,, its too cold was my answer but its simple really and as i was getting a service anyway i asked them to fit it,, £20 for it fitting was fair i though so i could stay warm,, lol

That looks like a good way to mount it :). If he asks me why I didn't do it myself I'll just say I'm clueless about electrics, which is the truth lol.

i stopped using my suction mount so i could place the camera closer to the screen to stop any sun glare and also to hide it better,,,, looking at my car from the front you can not see the camera, you can only see it by bending down and looking in from one of the front side windows but its still not aparent what it is as its all black and looks part of the car anyway.

oh yer nearly forgot,, i tried a 32GB class10 micro sd card and it did not work so i shoved in a 32GB class4 micro sd card instead from my wifes tablet and it worked perfectly.

The same thing happened to me, tried a class 10 Samsung SD card in it and the video was really choppy, but it works find with a Kingston class 4. I think a firmware update might have fixed the class 10 problem anyway. I was thinking of trying a 64GB card in it and those seem to only come as class 10.

That looks like a good way to mount it :). If he asks me why I didn't do it myself I'll just say I'm clueless about electrics, which is the truth lol.

I couldnt use that one as he knows im an engineer. :wacko: and it is just too damn cold to be messing about outside :D

I had updated to the latest firmware on the camera and the class 10 still would not have it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to check while I still have time to order any other parts, if I supply the fuse piggy back and the hardwire kit, will they have any other parts or cables that they will need? I assume they need an extra cable to go to the earth?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club