Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pioneer upgrade kits

Ronnie Roberts

Is there any updates on this? I would be interested to know, especially if it means I don't have to dump a sub into my boot

So Ronnie how much is it retro fitted and is it any good then??

So Ronnie how much is it retro fitted and is it any good then??

I have just spoken to The ford dealer I use and the upgrade costs, front speaker kit. £77.39. Rear kit £45.82. Sub woofer £156.02. all + vat +fitting. Everything has to be ordered. Hope this helps. :)

Hmmm, fitting will be made out to be fiddly no doubt, so we're not talking much change from £500 really are we?

Hmmm, fitting will be made out to be fiddly no doubt, so we're not talking much change from £500 really are we?

Looks around that figure,probably end up doing it myself. :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said before - in my opinion there is no way this kit will make enough improvement to justify £500.

And let's not get into another round of 'who's got the most expensive stereo' please :lol:

I stand by what I said before - in my opinion there is no way this kit will make enough improvement to justify £500.

And let's not get into another round of 'who's got the most expensive stereo' please :lol:

I am sure you are right Dan - I'd rather keep £500 and put it towards a nice re-map or the illuminated gear knob/sill plates (yes I am easily pleased!)

Oh I'm sure I could knock up ne worth 50 grand or more :lol: unfortunetly it won't be in my car! Does that £500 include fitting as that's a tad expensive for some Speakers?

Oh I'm sure I could knock up ne worth 50 grand or more :lol: unfortunetly it won't be in my car! Does that £500 include fitting as that's a tad expensive for some speakers?

I upgraded my new Rover 25 TDi in '2000 by having Sony Speakers fitted in the rear shelf plastic surrounds, where wiring was already in place. The cost was only £60, and it matched my upgraded head unit fine. (the drivers were factory accessories)

My next car, a Yaris T2 D-4D, '53 reg, was easily upgraded using the Toyoya acessory tweeters, at only £44, fitted at the bottom of the "A" pillars, as I had done on 2 previous Toyotas.

My 11-month old Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Climate does not need any upgrading ;--- the Ford 6000 system, with 4 Speakers is fine, with the front pair sounding better, as far as treble is concerned, and tweaking the bass boost and treble boost to max, and balancing the front/rear fade, sorted my preferences. The volume is more than I need, but I need to use high volume from my MP3 player to get enough loudness from that source. Perhaps the Halfords 3.3 mm jack lead is a bit naff, being a whole metre long.

Would much rather keep the £500, it would have to be a seriously good setup to justify such extravagant costs.

What are the standard Speakers like?

Has anybody managed to take the door cards of yet, as I would be interested in replacing the front Speakers in the near future

• 4 weeks later...

im confused. so the Speakers i would need are 17cm 2 way & 17cm 3 way??

i thought i needed 6" by 8"'s e.g. the pioneer ts-h687

can someone please confirm the actual size of speaker i need and also the actual model number of the pioneer's as that pdf file is unreadable :(

To be honest I'm with dan on this one. I'd be suprised if the door speaker upgrades made that much of a difference.

I'm guessing that the pioneer upgrades will be more power hungry than the stock Speakers, as a resut the stock headunit may well be underpowering them, and may mean it won't be able to get the pioneer Speakers moving to their full potential. This could possibly mean less bass response etc. than the stock Speakers, which are designed to run more efficiently at a lower wattage.

I could well be wrong though, and if so would seriously consider putting a set of the pioneers in myself :)

• 4 weeks later...

well i found the front Speakers are 3/4 times as good as stock... issue im having is the rear ones aint that great! infact im begining to wonder if theres a problem with them as there a poor speaker!

may look into changing them and seen what else we can fit

get some hertz energy Speakers for £150 and fit them yourself and you have then already beaten the quality of the pioneer ones and then fit them yourself and ul be quids in.

i had them in my last car and they made a big big difference

• 3 months later...

If your fitting them yourself have a look at some hertz sk165 dieci Speakers. Supposed to be a great speaker that really shines off headunit power alone. I'll get you a name for some mk7 speaker adaptors aswell tonight, not pioneer but they'll do the same job.

If your fitting them yourself have a look at some hertz sk165 dieci speakers. Supposed to be a great speaker that really shines off headunit power alone. I'll get you a name for some mk7 speaker adaptors aswell tonight, not pioneer but they'll do the same job.

Thanks a lot mate, that would be a great help. Im going to fit them myself as its too expensive getting Ford to do it.

Sorry I've took a while mate.

The speaker adaptors are by a company called celcus...

http://www.acvgmbh.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3172

Don't actually know where to get them though?! I'll let you know when I find a supplier.

Here's the Speakers I was referring to aswell. If your not going to be running a seperate amp then these are supposedly great (according to the people over on Talk Audio who generally know what they're on about)...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/hertz-dieci-dsk-165.html